Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 1900AC ANDROID 5.0 FIRMWARE FEB 3RD, 2016

Here is Manual Update File for ATV 1900AC

This was given to me before Chinese New Years, so therefore cannot be sent down as OTA Update till after Feb 20th.

We have tested it for 5 days now.

You must extract the IMG File from the Zip Folder.

You can load it onto the box using USB or SD Card from the UPGRADE APP or Recovery Mode.

**THIS WILL NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX, BUT I STILL SUGGEST YOU BACKUP KODI ETC JUST IN CASE**

**ALSO IF USING THE UPGRADE APP, MAKE SURE TO PRESS THE 3 LINED CONTEXT MENU BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL 10+ TIMES. THE FILE WILL APPEAR AFTER DOING THIS**

This solves the current issues.

1. Solved WiFi disconnect issue

2. Daydream/Screensaver set to NEVER as default.

3. Deletes Chinese App (**FINALLY**)

4. Welcome Screen adds Spanish and French

5. When you connect Ethernet . It will connect automatically from now on.

6. KR 301 Remote Standby Issue Resolved.

Issues that we still need to Resolve. But we must wait for engineers to get back to work from Chinese New Years which is about Feb 18th.

#1. HDMI CEC Issue - This was supposed to be fixed on this version, but after testing it myself this was not fixed.

#2. HDMI Pass Through Issue - Still being figured out. I do not have a time frame on this right now. But will keep you guys updated

#3. MKV Playback Issue - Still being figured out. I do not have a time frame on this right now. But will keep you guys updated

#4. Box Freezes during Play Back after only 40 Mins to 2 Hours Use - I reproduced this issue here on 2 boxes that I swapped for customers personally. I have sent these units to our engineers for testing to determine the exact issue. Will update you guys once I hear back.

I am pushing very hard to get upgraded to Android 5.1, and will continue to push. As I feel 5.1 will overcome a lot of the issues we are having on Android 5.0.

I will be posting OPENELEC KODI 15.2 as well tomorrow. The same version works for ATV 1900/582/1800/380 and there is another version for ATV 585.

Please leave feedback here - viewtopic.php?f=149&t=4077

Thanks Justin

P.S. HERE IS MEGA DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THOSE LOOKING TO DOWNLOAD THIS FROM OTHER SOURCE - https://mega.nz/#!n0kS3RjR!Kp5eMIjKGAF9 ... fMFFEaHrP4

THIS IS NOT ZIPPED, IT IS THE IMG FILE ON IT'S OWN.

MyGica-ATV1900AC_20160203.zip

Thanks Justin,

But, after the update, every movie that I play from al sources lag's, nothing runs smooth, also the movie's from my server...

How about the volume issue? Is it in the to do list as well? Thanks

Yes sorry I will add that one

As I get this issue at home on my personal box

Will there be full GMS support so we can watch Google Movies & TV and YouTube app in Full HDin the 5.1 update??

This is what we plan to do yes.

As for a time frame, I do not have an answer to that currently.

The current You Tube app already has 1080P HD on Android 5.0

Actually I can't play any Google play movies and TV content, not even on YouTube. So I'm not sure why you think its possible to watch any google play HD content on YouTube when this device isn't supported by Google.

It actually says " can not play this video on this device."

And as for a timeframe.. You've been saying the same thing to me since October 2015. Please pay Google whatever fees are needed so your customers can view Google content in HD via Google Movies & TV and Youtube.

Firstly this is a first for me to find out that You Tube has paid content to view?

The current You Tube app on the 1900 provides 1080P, since this was a feature on Android 5.0 and above for Android OS.

Previous versions of Android only supported 720P. Which people would see when using Android 4.2 or 4.4 for example.

As for GMS on 1900 to view HD content via Play Movies and TV Shows.

I cannot do anything else besides push for this to happen.

GMS is very expensive to get license for, and this part of the business is not my decision to make.

When I know more about this, I will post about it.

Hello Justin

I have been having freezing issues also. Factory unit no firmware updates

Usually when I leave it alone on a kodi screen. It has often booted me out of Kodi , ( Movies when paused sometimes freezes and must reboot Unit

Have been testing it in IE with no freezing as of yet

I have done a factory reset a 4 times so far.

Tried a full Kodi uninstall and reinstall.

HDMI Cable to the Samsung TV

Ethernet Cable, Wifi is not enabled

Logitech Keyboard K400 Plus (USB dongle)

I will try the firmware update tonight and give you more details. ASAP

Model Number ATV1900AC

Android Ver. 5.0.2

Kernel 3.10.33

Cheers Stressed

Justin, again, I can not watch any of my paid Google content on YouTube in any HD resolution..

Please stop misinforming customers into believing you can.

Sorry but I thought you were referring to You Tube content not being played in HD.

Such as Music Videos etc.

I forgot about accessing Google Content through You Tube

Justin I have tried the firmware update uploaded from your post , all attempts to get it to update have failed.

Usb micro usb, the controller method.

Not sure what to try next.? Do you have a simple step by step. Could I be missing something? Thanks

I have just read a previous post of Justin's to make sure the the External Usb or mini usb card should be formated and to have no files on to other than the new firmware loaded on it.

I have also read to try to upload the new firmware file to the internal memory. I will try this next

Stressed

1. Download zip package.
  2. Extract it to SD card or usb strick (fat32).
  3. Got to firmware update, choose manual.
  4. Press menu key on remote 10+ times ( its key with three horizontal lines). Upgrade img will then show on list.
  5. Choose it, follow instructions and that's it.

NOTICE:

Be patient, if some of the steps is taking longer, leave it, do not restart / reboot device.

updated to Feb 3rd firmware.

So far, so good. Daydream is fixed. WIFI seems to work much better. All playback is same (no slowdown or freezes)

Only thing I noticed, unless I'm overlooking something, in Ethernet Setup, I can only choose Dynamic or Satic IP. Before I could also set gateway and DNS. I use unblocker for netflix.

Was this changed somehow?

1. Download zip package.
  2. Extract it to SD card or usb strick (fat32).
  3. Got to firmware update, choose manual.
  4. Press menu key on remote 10+ times ( its key with three horizontal lines). Upgrade img will then show on list.
  5. Choose it, follow instructions and that's it.

NOTICE:

Be patient, if some of the steps is taking longer, leave it, do not restart / reboot device.

again, where do I find "firmware update" option in Android 5?

Crazy Serb, look for the UPGRADE app.

follow up to my findings:

Its nice daydream has more options (length, or turn it off), but its original problem of activating in middle of a movie is still annoying. Screen Savers should activate only after inactivity, but a playing movie should NOT be considered inactivity.

Also, avoid the Daydream sleep option. I cant get it to recover from sleep. Pressing power on remote wakes it up, but all I get is black sreen and mouse cursour. Have to hard reboot from that point.

I think I'll just disable the whole Daydream mess.

Crazy Serb, look for the UPGRADE app.

follow up to my findings:

Its nice daydream has more options (length, or turn it off), but its original problem of activating in middle of a movie is still annoying. Screen Savers should activate only after inactivity, but a playing movie should NOT be considered inactivity.

Also, avoid the Daydream sleep option. I cant get it to recover from sleep. Pressing power on remote wakes it up, but all I get is black sreen and mouse cursour. Have to hard reboot from that point.

I think I'll just disable the whole Daydream mess.

The daydream options are timed, or you can select Never as an option.

Do you mean that it turns on during a movie if it is set to never?