Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andybrody

Power Problems

Hi Justin

Can you tell me if the problem in this link has in any way been resolved viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2515

The reason for asking is that I have another problem that I think is related.

I have positoned me ATV1200 that is running Andriod 4.2.2 API level 17 (kernel: Linux 3.0.50-g2b340ab) with KR60 remote and Kodi 14.1 Git:2015-02-06-38e4046-dirty (compiled: Feb 6 2015) in a cupboard and have a remote extender to operate it from the KR60 everything works great it also opperates from the air mouse/keyboard via USB.

Apart from the power cycle problem that has ben previously been discused there is a further problem,

e.g. I am using the 1200 primarily for music playback via Kodi app and the Kore remote app loaded onto a tablet, all this works without any problems all good news so far.

The problems start when trying to power down the only way that I can achieve this is as follows:- (bear in mind I do NOT normaly display the 1200 on a TV screen although I can do when required). primarily Via KORE I quit KODI via the power symbol in top right corner of the home screen after stopping any music playing, I then wait a few moments and then opperate the KR60 power button (short press once) it will then take anything upto 15 mins to go into to stanby. I have to leave the ATV1200 in standby as it is the only way of bringing it out of standby via the remote control as the machine is in a cupboard.

I'm certain this is related to the original power cycle problem because when it is trying to power down (15 mins) the TV screen if viewed is blank (no signal) and the ATV1200 seems to behave in a very similar way as when it auto powers up in standby.

I can not use what I call deep power off (holding power button on front of machine for 3/4 seconds) as the remote control then can not switch the unit back on again when you next want ot listen to music.

Lastly can you tell me if the bulid of Kodi I am usin (see above) is the latest and most stable build available for the ATV1200 and Andriod 4.2.2.

Hope you can help with this problem.

Regards

Andy

Hi Justin

Can you tell me if the problem in this link has in any way been resolved http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2515

The reason for asking is that I have another problem that I think is related.

I have positoned me ATV1200 that is running Andriod 4.2.2 API level 17 (kernel: Linux 3.0.50-g2b340ab) with KR60 remote and Kodi 14.1 Git:2015-02-06-38e4046-dirty (compiled: Feb 6 2015) in a cupboard and have a remote extender to operate it from the KR60 everything works great it also opperates from the air mouse/keyboard via USB.

Apart from the power cycle problem that has ben previously been discused there is a further problem,

e.g. I am using the 1200 primarily for music playback via Kodi app and the Kore remote app loaded onto a tablet, all this works without any problems all good news so far.

The problems start when trying to power down the only way that I can achieve this is as follows:- (bear in mind I do NOT normaly display the 1200 on a TV screen although I can do when required). primarily Via KORE I quit KODI via the power symbol in top right corner of the home screen after stopping any music playing, I then wait a few moments and then opperate the KR60 power button (short press once) it will then take anything upto 15 mins to go into to stanby. I have to leave the ATV1200 in standby as it is the only way of bringing it out of standby via the remote control as the machine is in a cupboard.

I'm certain this is related to the original power cycle problem because when it is trying to power down (15 mins) the TV screen if viewed is blank (no signal) and the ATV1200 seems to behave in a very similar way as when it auto powers up in standby.

I can not use what I call deep power off (holding power button on front of machine for 3/4 seconds) as the remote control then can not switch the unit back on again when you next want ot listen to music.

Lastly can you tell me if the bulid of Kodi I am usin (see above) is the latest and most stable build available for the ATV1200 and Andriod 4.2.2.

Hope you can help with this problem.

Regards

Andy

The ATV 1200 only has a Standby feature

It does not have a power off feature.

Standby mode is basically the same thing as pressing the power button once on your phone/tablet and the screen goes black.

If deep power feature is what you are looking for, you will not find it on the ATV 1200. And we have no plans of adding it.

As for the KODI Version you are using, 14.1 is old

15.2 Is the latest official version, with 16.0 being the new Beta Version that was just released.