Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mulben

wi fi connection issues

My atv 400 for some reason will not connect to my wi fi. What happens is it goes through the motions ie authenticating connecting and then back to searching for ip address, connecting, authenticating in a continuous loop. I have used the device on my other tv and it connects seamlessly. The tv I am having trouble with is a Samsung LCD 40. Thanks in anticipation of your help. Cheers from Mel Jones

My atv 400 for some reason will not connect to my wi fi. What happens is it goes through the motions ie authenticating connecting and then back to searching for ip address, connecting, authenticating in a continuous loop. I have used the device on my other tv and it connects seamlessly. The tv I am having trouble with is a Samsung LCD 40. Thanks in anticipation of your help. Cheers from Mel Jones

Sounds like the Wifi signal in the other location you are trying to use the box in, is to weak.

That is why it will not connect to the internet.

Hey thanks for the reply Justin, don't think that's the problem insomuch that we are on high speed fibre 100mbs and using a laptop in the same location is pretty near as when it's in the other location.

Hey thanks for the reply Justin, don't think that's the problem insomuch that we are on high speed fibre 100mbs and using a laptop in the same location is pretty near as when it's in the other location.

Wifi antenna on your laptop would probably be stronger then the one inside the ATV 400.