Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomchateau

Context Help Button Stopped Working

Hi,

Yesterday, February 17th, I noticed that the context help button on our remote stopped working. Can anyone shed light on why this might be?

Thanks

Which remote control are you using?

Does it have a Keyboard on it?

Hey Justin,

No, it is the simple remote (no keyboard).

Here are some other clues to work on...I downloaded an app for our Galaxy s3 and the context button doesn't work on that either. The context help button on the mygica remote will wake the box up if it has gone dark (this says to me that the box is getting some sort of signal from the remote but it is not getting the signal to invoke the context help. Hope this helps...thanks...tom

Hey Justin,

No, it is the simple remote (no keyboard).

Here are some other clues to work on...I downloaded an app for our Galaxy s3 and the context button doesn't work on that either. The context help button on the mygica remote will wake the box up if it has gone dark (this says to me that the box is getting some sort of signal from the remote but it is not getting the signal to invoke the context help. Hope this helps...thanks...tom

Does the IR Remote light up when you press any buttons on it?

The S3 Remote you mentioned will only work if you sync it properly with the box via Wifi.

yes, the IR light on the remote lights when any key is pressed.

The galaxy remote works fine except for the context.

Ok, the context menu button only works in certain apps

It is not exactly a HELP Button

If you aim the remote at the box, and hold down the context menu button for 5-8 seconds. Does a Rocket Ship appear to clear memory from the box?

Likely a third party problem, such as Kodi then?

Thanks for your help.

Context menu button in KODI only works on menu items and add ons

So for example

If you highlight a Video Add on, when inside the Video add on menu.

If you press the context menu button, it will pull up a Sub Menu, with stuff like "Add on Information" etc

Yes, that is exactly that has stopped working. Think it is a Kodi issue - should I be hunting in another forum?

Seems strange that it would stop working all of a sudden considering the Rocket Ship feature works.

Which version of KODI are you running?

Did you mess with the Keymapping in KODI perhaps?

Hope someone can give me some advice.  My problem is sort of similar.  The context button was working fine.  I then upgraded to 16.1 and now everything works except the context menu button.  I hold it down, and I get the rocket ship display.  I installed key map editor, 1.0.10,  but when I try to run it, it says "key map editor error, check the log for more information.  "

How do you open the log?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled key map editor, but same results.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

we do not have that depth of assistance on map editor, since other users that do not know programming or app, will create bigger problems. 

but for Kodi logs, if you go to programs/ add-ons/ try to install add-on from kodi repo, you will see log viewer, that is how you can open log now to know the path, it should show you on the top where the path is,  using File manager you should be able to find the log.