Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andybrody

Hard or Soft Reset or Reinstall

Hi Justin

Hard or Soft Reset or reinsatll Just not sure which way to go

My ATV1200 is loaded with andriod 4.2.2 and with KR60 remote firmware also with Kodi 16 at present.

I have had many occasions when APPS have stopped responding with wait or close message eg both Kodi and palystore when kodi has stopped responding it will then stop often (but not always) playing music (one or more failed to play check Log file message comes up) and the only way to cure it is uninstall and reinstall Kodi.

I think I need to do a hard or soft reset, if I do this I know that it will go back to original XBMC but will it also go back to KR34 remote.

Any guidance would be apprciated I have watched both the hard and soft reset Videos but not sure which is the best approch to the problem. Will I need to download the files for 4.2.2 and the KR20/60 remote again if so can you point them out to me again as I seem to be having problems locaing them on the forum.

Thanks for looking

Andy :)

Hi Justin

My ATV1200 is loaded with andriod 4.2.2 and with KR60 remote firmware also with Kodi 16 at present.

I have had many occasions when APPS have stopped responding with wait or close message eg both Kodi and palystore when kodi has stopped responding it will then stop often (but not always) playing music (one or more failed to play check Log file message comes up) and the only way to cure it is uninstall and reinstall Kodi.

I think I need to do a hard or soft reset, if I do this I know that it will go back to original XBMC but will it also go back to KR34 remote.

Any guidance would be apprciated I have watched both the hard and soft reset Videos but not sure which is the best approch to the problem. Will I need to download the files for 4.2.2 and the KR20/60 remote again if so can you point them out to me again as I seem to be having problems locaing them on the forum.

Thanks for looking

If you soft reset the box through Android Settings menu, it will just reinstall the original firmware that came on it.

If it is working with KR60 Firmware right now, then after a soft reset KR60 will be re installed again, but all of the pre installed apps that came on that firmware will be reinstalled as well.

We have 2 different versions of Firmware for KR34 and KR60. If you soft reset it will just re install the original firmware that was on it to begin with.

If you want to hard reset it with Factory Boot files, then just make sure you use the correct files for the remote that you want to use on your ATV 1200.

Hi Justin

Thanks for looking

If you soft reset the box through Android Settings menu, it will just reinstall the original firmware that came on it.

If it is working with KR60 Firmware right now, then after a soft reset KR60 will be re installed again, but all of the pre installed apps that came on that firmware will be reinstalled as well.

We have 2 different versions of Firmware for KR34 and KR60. If you soft reset it will just re install the original firmware that was on it to begin with.

If you want to hard reset it with Factory Boot files, then just make sure you use the correct files for the remote that you want to use on your ATV 1200.

Hi Justin thanks for the reply,

Should the quote

"If it is working with KR60 Firmware right now, then after a soft reset KR60 will be re installed again, but all of the pre installed apps that came on that firmware will be reinstalled as well" Actually read then after a soft reset KR60 will NOT be re installed again.

I have downloded this file update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR20_KR60 does this install Android 4.2.2 and KR60 or do I need to ugrade from original built in firmware 4.1 to 4.2.2 and then to the Kr60 version. I just very nervous about bricking the unit.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Are you currently running Android 4.1 or 4.2?

If you are not sure, go to settings in Android

Go down to ABOUT DEVICE

It will say 4.1 or 4.2 as your Android OS Version #

Let me know this first, then I can direct you to the best way to upgrade your unit properly.

Are you currently running Android 4.1 or 4.2?

If you are not sure, go to settings in Android

Go down to ABOUT DEVICE

It will say 4.1 or 4.2 as your Android OS Version #

Let me know this first, then I can direct you to the best way to upgrade your unit properly.

Hi Justin it is curently running 4.2.2 with KR60 remote.

Thanks