Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modernlounger

Mygica model R5 please help me get it going!!

Hi, I am trying to update an older model mygica called the R5, It does not recognize any "arm" files that I put on the usb stick, this model does not have a mini sd slot but uses usb and sata. I have tried updating to through the file manager as well as the auto update within the "system" in the "settings" menu.

I am completely happy to take any and all advice on getting this unit up to an acceptable level where I can use netflix and youtube but as it is right now there are 6 asian channels in the browser and I can watch movies from a usb stick. I don't have the remote and I am unable to use my iphone kodi remote. I think it is maybe the software is too old.

Any help is appreciated.

ML

I took a quick look. It appears to be about 5 years old and runs android 2.2

It looks suspiciously like a PBO Core (I have one of those too). A 2.5" sata drive fits in it and it has a small fan too.

Mine is downstairs collecting dust...

J

Here are some pics from online. I have no idea how to install newer software or firmware. I have tried putting some Kodi software on a stick and going through the menu but it does not seem to recognize any of the files. Is it a lost cause?

mygica-r5-1080p-hdd-network-media-player-wifi-mkv-flv-mp4-rmvb-hdmi-sata-1202-14-abtan@1.jpg.35cc242e28fdcd003c3a366180c822aa.jpg

6357136809_25900e4bd5.jpg.17fcc9c1ce1c8e1b9006fad2f4bd26b2.jpg

434601839_318.jpg.bb2898a27c7c817c813652695d8ab2d7.jpg

Here are some pics from online. I have no idea how to install newer software or firmware. I have tried putting some Kodi software on a stick and going through the menu but it does not seem to recognize any of the files. Is it a lost cause?

Which version of Android does this box use?

Can you check in the settings menu, under ABOUT DEVICE.