Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aghapj

ATV1200 Android 4.2.2 with KR34 Remote

Hello folks, first off i am a newbie but have been caught up with the latest and greatest software. I have a quick question which has probably been answered 100 times already but i have not found the exact answer i am looking for. From what i have read the KR34 will not work with 4.2.2 and i don't want to revert back to 4.2 as i have configured everything already. I don't mind losing the remote as my wireless keyboard/mouse work fine but my problem is powering the unit on and off as it is located in a different room as my TV.

Is there a driver or file I can use to make the KR34 remote functional on 4.2.2? If not, which remote model do I need to purchase that will work?

Thanks!

PJ

Hello folks, first off i am a newbie but have been caught up with the latest and greatest software. I have a quick question which has probably been answered 100 times already but i have not found the exact answer i am looking for. From what i have read the KR34 will not work with 4.2.2 and i don't want to revert back to 4.2 as i have configured everything already. I don't mind losing the remote as my wireless keyboard/mouse work fine but my problem is powering the unit on and off as it is located in a different room as my TV.

Is there a driver or file I can use to make the KR34 remote functional on 4.2.2? If not, which remote model do I need to purchase that will work?

Thanks!

PJ

Not sure how you came to this assumption.

But we have 4.2.2 for both KR34 and KR60 Versions for the ATV 1200.

KR60 Can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2491

KR34 Can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I have an ATV 1200 which was purchased late 2014. I recently started using TV on IP and noticed the channels were buffering quite a bit. I have a 50MBPS connection which works well on other devices. I have done numerous speed test using the oola speed test on my computer and other devices and I get an internet connection close to 50 MBPS. But when I do a speed test using the Ookla on the Mygica box, the download speed tops 4 MBPS. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum.

I have an ATV 1200 which was purchased late 2014. I recently started using TV on IP and noticed the channels were buffering quite a bit. I have a 50MBPS connection which works well on other devices. I have done numerous speed test using the oola speed test on my computer and other devices and I get an internet connection close to 50 MBPS. But when I do a speed test using the Ookla on the Mygica box, the download speed tops 4 MBPS. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Are you using your MyGica with Wifi or Ethernet?

Will updating the firmware help? if yes, then what version can i use and where can i find the files from? Thanks.

Which remote control do you have?

Small one without channel #s or Bigger one with channel #s?

Do you know which version of Android you are currently running. 4.1 or 4.2?

If you are not sure, you can click on the settings icon in the Main Menu, and go down to ABOUT DEVICE. It will tell you the Android version in there.

Not really much to say ;) You have the newest software (for the 1200) so that's probably not the issue. You say you're running an IP. Which one? Through kodi or an apk?

Hi Justin. Its through apk. But keeping that aside,the max internet speed i am getting is around 4-5 mbps. I have verified this with numerous internet speed tests. Is this the only case you have had or are there other people having the same problem?

With this version installed, I made sure in the settings on the home page is set to 1080p 60Hz. I made sure autodect is turned off. Yet Kodi 14.1 is showing that I'm at 720p and it’s greyed out. I found an article that show that my atv1200 may be on a 720p build and tried the 1080p fix but when I boot up with that firmware, with the kr34 remote, I can't scroll down to select firmware update. Just freezes there. Any thoughts

*** Forbidden. Please submit form again. ***

The ATV 1200 does not fully support 1080P

That is because it is built on a 720P Android Kernel.

This has been discussed many times before on these forums.

That is why KODI is detecting it as a 720P Output.

I think newer versions of KODI ie: KODI 16.XX fix this.

You will have to try this if you want.