Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watersnapper

Sumvision Air Mouse not working after ATV1200 Firmware flash

Hi There,

I was wondering I any one can help me. I have a sumvision Cyclone X2 Media Enclosure which I upgraded using the guide in the forum as it a re-badged ATV1200. I did contact Sumvision to see if they would help but pretty much was told to by a newer model. I like this model as I can put a HDD in the enclosure and have my personal collection of films catalogued within Kodi. The reason I used the firmware in this forum is because i couldn't install Kodi due to the android version being 4.1.

Everything went perfectly, upgraded from android 4.1 to 4.2 to 4.2.2 using a keyboard and mouse. I was really please with the MyGica Launcher much better then what was on this device before.

However now that I've updated the device, i plugged in my Sumvision Air mouse the Air Mouse does not work.

This is the air mouse http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product ... de=MUS-WAM

I know in the firmware there are two versions depending on what MyGica remote control you have. This device came with an KR 34 Remote well looks the same just no branding on it. I do prefer the air mouse as it has a qwerty keyboard on it.

is there anyway to get this working?

Any help will be mostly appreciated

Greg

I have the exact same set up and not had any problem with the air mouse. Have you tried new batteries and tried unplugging then reconnecting (after the X2 has been switched on for several minutes) the usb dongle.

BTW the model number of the X2 is actually the ATV3200 but does use the exact same firmware of the ATV1200.

If tht does not work try flashing it back to Sumvision firmware whci I can PM you if you want it.

Thanks for the advise, the remote was working a couple of hours before I did the upgrade to 4.2.2. In the end I decide to flash it with EmbER as i'm running Openelec on another device and thought this would be better than having android on the X2, and have now bricked the box. Trying to recover it but I think its a lost cause. I found out afterwards there is a bug with EmbER on the ATV3200 after successfully flashing the device on reboot bricks the device. oh well never mind!

Thanks for the advise, the remote was working a couple of hours before I did the upgrade to 4.2.2. In the end I decide to flash it with EmbER as i'm running Openelec on another device and thought this would be better than having android on the X2, and have now bricked the box. Trying to recover it but I think its a lost cause. I found out afterwards there is a bug with EmbER on the ATV3200 after successfully flashing the device on reboot bricks the device. oh well never mind!

May not be a lost cause I still have the X2 original firmware if you want it.

I've managed to recover it and have now got Android 4.2.2 back on the ATV3200. Yes please would like a copy of the original software if your able to PM it to me.

Thanks for you help.

I've managed to recover it and have now got Android 4.2.2 back on the ATV3200. Yes please would like a copy of the original software if your able to PM it to me.

Thanks for you help.

Hi you will find the original firmware here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ror5u ... 281%29.img

Hope this helps

This is the instructions supplied by Sumvision for updating the firmware

This is the only method to force a firmware onto the media player. The USB/SD card needs to be formatted to FAT32.

1.Download the firmware above

2.Unzip and copy the img file to a empty MICRO SD CARD or Pendrive

3.turn off your media player

4.plug in the pendrive/MICRO SD to nano

5.Use a small screwdriver or paperclip and keep press off the reset button at back of the media player

6.Turn on the player with reset button still pressed in

7.Release the reset button when update screen appears

8. select "wipe data factory reset" first

9. then select "wipe cache partition"

10. Apply the update

11.When the update is completed it will automatically reboot and start the new OS

Regards

Sumvision Support Team

By the way since you recovered the X2 to 4.2.2 has the air mouse started working again

Cheers Andy