Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrgreg

On/Off Issues

Why is my remote and front button on the 1800e itself not turning the unit on. I have to unplug it to reboot it every time then it works. The remote works the whole time its on The front power button and the remote power will turn it off but not back on unless unplugged. Thanks

Well I fixed it myself for lack of support here.I can tell you this that getting no support from here has made my mind up to nvr purchase another MyGica product EVER!!! Justin you say your always here but go days upon days without answering any questions from not just me but everyone. People can't go days on end without support.

Good to hear you got it working

Sorry I did not respond sooner. But if you look on the forum, I respond to almost every post that is made on here within a timely manner, unless it was answered by someone else.

Also sorry you feel the way you do about our company.

If there is anything I can do to change that, just let me know

Why is my remote and front button on the 1800e itself not turning the unit on. I have to unplug it to reboot it every time then it works. The remote works the whole time its on The front power button and the remote power will turn it off but not back on unless unplugged. Thanks

Well its doing it again any suggestions Justin

The ON/OFF Function with the remote is done via IR Sensor

You have to point the remote at the box for you to be able to turn the box ON/OFF.

Just hooked up 3 boxes in the office, and without any issues was able to turn them on/off with the remote and with the power button on the front of the box.

Well I fixed it myself for lack of support here.

You asked the question Wednesday night and then get on Friday 3am and comment that nobody bothered to answer? What's to answer, since you said you fixed it yourself.

Also, a little more explanation than "box will not turn on" would be good. When you press the power button does the box light up like it's supposed to work but you get nothing on your TV?

Good to hear you got it working

Sorry I did not respond sooner. But if you look on the forum, I respond to almost every post that is made on here within a timely manner, unless it was answered by someone else.

Also sorry you feel the way you do about our company.

If there is anything I can do to change that, just let me know

So how come no one answered my issue posted from Feb26th

viewtopic.php?f=157&p=18091#p18091

Well maybe you need to read before you say anything wjw!

Mine will only turn on if I unplug and plug back in. I have a Kr-301 that once its booted up the keys function properly but once I turn it off from the remote or the front it will not turn on unless I unplug and plug back in. I tried the Kr-40 and the power will turn off the unit but not back on and none of the other remote buttons do anything on the Kr-40 except turn off the unit. Hope this explains my problems better. Neither remote will turn on the unit.

Well maybe you need to read before you say anything wjw!

Mine will only turn on if I unplug and plug back in. I have a Kr-301 that once its booted up the keys function properly but once I turn it off from the remote or the front it will not turn on unless I unplug and plug back in. I tried the Kr-40 and the power will turn off the unit but not back on and none of the other remote buttons do anything on the Kr-40 except turn off the unit. Hope this explains my problems better. Neither remote will turn on the unit.

And perhaps you should answer questions that are asked of you instead of reiterating the same "my box won't turn on" comment. I ask questions for a reason, but I will only ask them once.

Why did I ask the question the way I asked it? Because there is a known HDMI blackout issue that...

a) allows you to turn off various boxes by either the power button or the remote, but;

b) when turned back on, it appears that the box doesn't turn on because your TV screen stays blank and you have to unplug it.

All of this is completely irrelevant because you said that you have previously fixed the problem, right?

wjw i'm asking Justin not you because obviously you can't read basic English so leave it to Justin. It has the latest firmware on it.

wjw obviously you can't read basic English...

Oh I can't wait to hear Justin's response to this little gem :roll:

Don't worry Greg. I'm sure that, after you finally get around to providing at least a rudimentary amount of information needed (for example we now know that, after a week, you have the latest f/w on it) someone may get around to helping you. :mrgreen:

wjw Here's what you own - 1200, 380, 582, Q3 so stay out of my posts as you are just a hindrance not a bit of help at all. This is an 1800 thread. It will not turn on by the remote or front power button period. What the hell more does anyone need to know. Functions totally normal after unplugging and plugging back in. Actually that is the only way to turn it on unplug and plug back in. It's like it's frozen after it's been turned off.

:P Yeah, what do I know

Same s802 chip, same Nov 19 firmware file (but you already knew that), same OS.

This thread was a longer read then it should have been..lol

@Mrgreg

May I know that when you power off the box with the remote, does the light on the front turn red?

And when you attempt to turn it back on afterwards with the remote, does the light on the front of the box turn green or just stay red?

If it turns green, do you just see a black screen on your TV?

Let me know

Yes it turns red when turned off by the remote and just stays red when trying to power back on with remote. It will not even power on with the power button on the front of the unit. Only powers on with unplugging and plugging back in from the outlet. Works normal once powered up. Thanks

Obviously your weekend last the entire week. This is what day? O ya Tuesday asshole. Stay out of my threads like I asked.

Ummm, he asked you a question Friday night at 7:30pm. You're annoyed because he took 2 days off (here in Canada it's called a weekend :D ) and, for some strange reason, you feel the need to post at 4am and complain that your needs and wishes aren't satisfied fast enough.

I'm not in Justin's shoes (and I don't know him) but it appears that he answers questions in a bulk question-and-answer session that can run from 10 to 30 threads at a time, when and only when he has time. You complaining that your fully-functional box operates without issues except for one leeeeeeeetle problem (glitch?) is way down the list. Am I clear enough?

I wish I had such an easy time with my life that the most difficult part of my day could be rectified by simply, oh I don't know, leaving the box on :lol:

After what feels like much teeth-pulling and repetitive prodding for answers you finally get around to answering questions like "what colour is the led on the front of the box when you turn it off?" and my favourite, "does the led light stay red or turn green when you attempt to turn it back on?"

Maybe next week we'll work our way up to answering harder questions like "When did you buy it?" and "Is it under warranty?"

Stay out of my threads like I asked.

No,

For your info I am Canadian you asshole. I can ask a question at anytime I feel fit to but after the" weekend " is done which don't include Mondays except when a statutory holiday falls on it then I expect an answer. This by the way is Tuesday but since it looks like your on social assistance you have time to troll the forum just to piss me off!!! Now takeoff!!

I'm not really understanding your attempt to make this conversation a personal attack on me (and for me it's not really "personal", given the fact that neighter one of us know each other and I couldn't care less).

However to follow up on your "social assistante vs employment" comment I can only say that based on your use of vulgarities when attempting to make a point and your questionable use of English, that you not attempt to enter into any "my resume is bigger than yours" debate with me... :roll:

And in case anyone's wondering why I'm bothering to respond to someone who is obviously confrontational for the sheer joy of it, I figure that after being called an a-hole (twice) I figure it's expected of me to respond. I'm simply nicer about it :D

And who knows, maybe some of the forum members here have mothers and sisters that go to Walmart to get their chins waxed before bingo. :P Social assistance means you're unemployed, not a criminal...

I really hope Justin once and for all answers why this guy's blinky light is red so he can close the thread, it's getting a bit juvenile and off-topic...