Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canadadave

ATV 520E Challenge Upgrade -YIKES!!

Here's a challenge for you :)) -- from long time Mygica owner

I own 2 ATV1800's and holding back on purchasing the new ATV 1900 until the software/hardware is stable and everyone on the forum has more kudos for the 1900 than the negatives. :))

My challenge is.. to get the old 520E working to a level that is suitable for "some" viewing from the net.

I realize that the 520E is no longer supported but if anyone wants a challenge to get this 520E UPGRADED.. please let me know. (It's for my daughter)

My son has the AT1800 and I have the other. My daughter is waiting patiently for an upgrade on her 520 until I decide to buy yet another Mygica product. (I'm cheap and looking for a bandaid solution) She'll be getting the ATV1800 within 6 months , so everyone will be happy.

First off…. the 520 is NOT a brick and I'l tried dozens of time to have it upgraded using the tried and proven text/video method decried on the forum site.

When I remove the pin from the upgrade hole on the bottom of the 520 ..AFTER 5-10 seconds the Mygica sign appears followed up by the Andoid logo… then 15 seconds later the usual wide screen home screen with all the apps shown. Nothing seems to get the 520 box to upgrade.. same old system appears.

Here some info from the box.

Opening screen…. Android Version 4.1.2

Screen --- XBMC Media Centre Logo Frodo Version 12.2

Build version V1.03.04MX01_2013 1108

System XBMC 12.2 GIT 20130430 Compiled June 24 2013

I've tried using Local update, Manual update but the connection Fails.

I've even tried using FRESH START but that doesn't reset back to factory settings.

I've been using the UPDATE from our site to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 using the file

*** Mygica_4.2_2014 0519_KR34 and also

**** Mygica_4.2_ATV400_20140616_KR34 (this is OK for ATV 400 & 520E)

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas??

Thanking you in advance

Canada Dave (Newmarket)

Here's a challenge for you :)) -- from long time Mygica owner

I own 2 ATV1800's and holding back on purchasing the new ATV 1900 until the software/hardware is stable and everyone on the forum has more kudos for the 1900 than the negatives. :))

My challenge is.. to get the old 520E working to a level that is suitable for "some" viewing from the net.

I realize that the 520E is no longer supported but if anyone wants a challenge to get this 520E UPGRADED.. please let me know. (It's for my daughter)

My son has the AT1800 and I have the other. My daughter is waiting patiently for an upgrade on her 520 until I decide to buy yet another Mygica product. (I'm cheap and looking for a bandaid solution) She'll be getting the ATV1800 within 6 months , so everyone will be happy.

First off…. the 520 is NOT a brick and I'l tried dozens of time to have it upgraded using the tried and proven text/video method decried on the forum site.

When I remove the pin from the upgrade hole on the bottom of the 520 ..AFTER 5-10 seconds the Mygica sign appears followed up by the Andoid logo… then 15 seconds later the usual wide screen home screen with all the apps shown. Nothing seems to get the 520 box to upgrade.. same old system appears.

Here some info from the box.

Opening screen…. Android Version 4.1.2

Screen --- XBMC Media Centre Logo Frodo Version 12.2

Build version V1.03.04MX01_2013 1108

System XBMC 12.2 GIT 20130430 Compiled June 24 2013

I've tried using Local update, Manual update but the connection Fails.

I've even tried using FRESH START but that doesn't reset back to factory settings.

I've been using the UPDATE from our site to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 using the file

*** Mygica_4.2_2014 0519_KR34 and also

**** Mygica_4.2_ATV400_20140616_KR34 (this is OK for ATV 400 & 520E)

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas??

Thanking you in advance

Canada Dave (Newmarket)

I see you are in Newmarket

Our office is in Mississauga

I invite you to our office, and one of our employees will attempt to update the box for you if you like.

I am fairly confident we will be able to.

And there will be no charge to you.

Let me know if you are interested

Thanks

Justin

Thanks Justin for the speedy reply :))

I don't get out to Mississauga that much but give me your address and I'll keep you in mind if I venture down to Niagara Falls this summer. I'm not sure how much the postage is to send it to you via Canada Post, I'd obviously pay both ways. :)) Any idea?

Anyways.. I'll get back to you

THanks

Dave from Newmarket :))

905-898-3517

Note to Justin :))

Hi Justin.. Dave from Newmarket calling :))

It looks like I won't be visiting your office on Mississauga in the near future. I'd like to send you my ATV520 E by mail for firmware update at your convenience.

Would you provide me with your address and I'll send it along today. I'm unable to locate your office on the net and your private secretary puts me on voice mail...hehehe

Thanks

Dave Goad in Newmarket

BTW.. I'll enclose money for return shipping

Note to Justin :))

Hi Justin.. Dave from Newmarket calling :))

It looks like I won't be visiting your office on Mississauga in the near future. I'd like to send you my ATV520 E by mail for firmware update at your convenience.

Would you provide me with your address and I'll send it along today. I'm unable to locate your office on the net and your private secretary puts me on voice mail...hehehe

Thanks

Dave Goad in Newmarket

BTW.. I'll enclose money for return shipping

Please go to http://rma.mygica.ca to start an RMA Warranty ticket

We will respond back with shipping instructions

We use warranty tickets to keep track of everything that is being mailed to us.