Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

ATV 1900AC **OLD** - Android 5.1 BETA Firmware

Here is Beta Firmware to upgrade your ATV 1900AC to Android 5.1

This will convert your ATV 1900AC currently running Android 5.0 to Android 5.1

This update requires you to use an SD card and hold the reset button for 15-20 seconds with all 5 Files on the Root of the SD card.

I will post better instructions + a video for this later this week

But more advanced users will know how to do this just by looking at the files.

**THIS IS BETA FIRMWARE**

Can leave feedback here

Please note this is basically a Stock Version of Android 5.1 provided by AMLogic.

We just ported it onto the ATV 1900AC the way it was given to us

5.1 ATV 1900ac.zip

Hi,

I installed the new beta file 5.1,

Most of the time, no internet connection.

The home screens are not functional like the OLD 5.0 version.

When I want to schut down Kodi, it freezes up.

The off button on the remote does not work at all, I have to pull the power plug from the wall socket.

New update: My MagiCa is dead, it does not do anything anymore.

It did run for 15 min whit the new 5.1 version, and now it's a black screen on my TV, it wont boot again.

So guys, if I were u I don't install this one

What can I do now? Can anybody help me whit this problem

Thanks for posting Justin. Based on these initial responses I'm not "testing" this beta firmware. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with success with this release - please let us know. Appreciate the effort Justin, let's hope any bugs can be worked out quickly so it's not back to the drawing board yet again for the MyGica team to get this box working to its full potential.

Seriously Ron?

Betas are released here early in the process. I would bet hard money that there is no ETA commitment at this stage.

Also first users impression are not exactly encouraging.

Justin:

When we expect to have official 5.1 firmware via OTA update?

Ron

Hi,

Thanks for all the help I got over here (did not get any help at all) but I bought me a more reliable box than the MyGica.

If you guy's don't want any trouble at all, get a Zidoo X6 Pro this is the shit.

I never buy me a MyGica again, these devices suck big time and the support is crap.

I hope to have an update to 5.1 within the next 1-2 weeks

I realize a lot of remote control features are missing, plus we did not add the wifi disconnect and ethernet patches.

Trying to get it updated to a more recent SDK + Android Kernel, also to be made for MyGica not just Stock Android.

Soooooo Justin I understand you may be busy but I have waited patiently for an update that will work for the 1900 box you mentioned about an update in 1-2 weeks. If there isn't one that will work I am tempted to try and use the firmware from the 1800 cause it happens to be way more stable then this piece of crap which I have had a headache with since day one of bringing it home. I had hoped mygica would resolve the issues with this box so I waited patiently for a fix where I should of just returned it for a different box altogether

Soooooo Justin I understand you may be busy but I have waited patiently for an update that will work for the 1900 box you mentioned about an update in 1-2 weeks. If there isn't one that will work I am tempted to try and use the firmware from the 1800 cause it happens to be way more stable then this piece of crap which I have had a headache with since day one of bringing it home. I had hoped mygica would resolve the issues with this box so I waited patiently for a fix where I should of just returned it for a different box altogether

The 4.4 Update for the 1900, a lot of users and customers have told me it is working very well for them.

There will be a 5.1 update as well, sometime this month.

I just do not have a date for it right now.

Justin:

on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm, you wrote:

"I hope to have an update to 5.1 within the next 1-2 weeks"

Then 2 weeks passed, on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 pm you wrote:

"There will be a 5.1 update as well, sometime this month.

I just do not have a date for it right now."

"sometime this month." is now 4 days left, whats going on?

Brought the ATV1900ac last November, as of today still no Netflix HD, no Google Play Movie & TV allowed plus all other problems reported, it is just wasted my time and money with Mygica.

We are customers here not beta testing and guinea pig for testing software.

Need to move on and not whipping a dead horse.

Justin:

Brought the ATV1900ac last November, as of today still no Netflix HD, no Google Play Movie & TV allowed plus all other problems reported, it is just wasted my time and money with Mygica.

I just got an email this morning in regards to 5.1, supposed to be sent to me within the next week.

As for Netflix HD, this I have no news for this. I have spent countless hours trying to get in touch with someone at Netflix with basically no luck, they just do not respond. We have a few other options we are using to get Netflix HD, but so far I have no updates to this

We did not advertise this feature when we sold the 1900, or any of our other models. So this is something that will be more of an added feature if we do get it working.

If you want Google Play Movies, reverting to Android 4.4 will fix this.

Google Play movies is a DRM issue within Android 5.0. Which we cannot fix on Android 5.0.

As I have said before, if we cannot satisfy customers of the 1900 with the new updates we have coming.

We will offer you something else to get a fully working unit.

We are not a company that doesn't stand behind its products or its customers.

netflix hd i read an article not to long ago and sorry no link but from what i read only a small fraction of streaming devices get 1080 or 4k.and unfortunately it is not android. here is a link http://androidpcreview.com/will-my-andr ... r-4k/3784/ hope this will help. they say apple tv,google chrome cast,roku,amazon fire stick,google nexus player and nvidia shield.these devices are certified by netflix.hope this helps alittle.

netflix hd i read an article not to long ago and sorry no link but from what i read only a small fraction of streaming devices get 1080 or 4k.and unfortunately it is not android. here is a link http://androidpcreview.com/will-my-andr ... r-4k/3784/ hope this will help. they say apple tv,google chrome cast,roku,amazon fire stick,google nexus player and nvidia shield.these devices are certified by netflix.hope this helps alittle.

This is a good read.

The biggest thing for Netflix HD is Widevine Level 1 Digital Rights Management, they will not even look at your company without having this.

The biggest issue right now is trying to even get hold of them.

They seem to be reluctant to work with a lot of Android Devices, since there are 1000s of Android devices on the market all with different OS versions and hardware etc.

Justin:

I just got an email this morning in regards to 5.1, supposed to be sent to me within the next week.

As for Netflix HD, this I have no news for this. I have spent countless hours trying to get in touch with someone at Netflix with basically no luck, they just do not respond. We have a few other options we are using to get Netflix HD, but so far I have no updates to this

We did not advertise this feature when we sold the 1900, or any of our other models. So this is something that will be more of an added feature if we do get it working.

Google Play movies is a DRM issue within Android 5.0. Which we cannot fix on Android 5.0.

As I have said before, if we cannot satisfy customers of the 1900 with the new updates we have coming.

Justin:

Are you tell me Google Play Movies will not going to work on the up coming 5.1 update ?

One of the reason I brought the atv1900ac at that time is having the latest Operating System Android 5.0 Lollipop. Hoping, 5.1 would work and move forward but not backwards to 4.4.

Also, people reported upgraded to 4.4 and have issue and was told to revert back to latest 1900ac firmware which is 5.0. see below from jamesc your Global Moderator

Re: ATV 1900AC - Android 4.4 BETA Firmware

Unread postby jamesc ยป Fri May 06, 2016 12:32 pm

please use http://bit.ly/mygicafiles and grab latest stable software for ATV1900AC and load. it should fix the issue.

I feed just looping around.

Rather than keep checking this forum for updates and fixes (as the OTA update is not exist anymore), please let us know if what Mygica going to do to deal with all these issues.

Ron

Justin:

Justin:

Are you tell me Google Play Movies will not going to work on the up coming 5.1 update ?

One of the reason I brought the atv1900ac at that time is having the latest Operating System Android 5.0 Lollipop. Hoping, 5.1 would work and move forward but not backwards to 4.4.

Also, people reported upgraded to 4.4 and have issue and was told to revert back to latest 1900ac firmware which is 5.0. see below from jamesc your Global Moderator

Re: ATV 1900AC - Android 4.4 BETA Firmware

Unread postby jamesc ยป Fri May 06, 2016 12:32 pm

please use http://bit.ly/mygicafiles and grab latest stable software for ATV1900AC and load. it should fix the issue.

I feed just looping around.

Rather than keep checking this forum for updates and fixes (as the OTA update is not exist anymore), please let us know if what Mygica going to do to deal with all these issues.

Ron

I will try Google Play movies on newer 5.1 once I have it and let you know

New OTA update server we setup last week, and started updates on 586 this week.

It works well now

1800/582/380, 585 and 1900 updates will all start next week

You will get a small update stating were switching to new server.

After this is installed you will be able to install the latest firmware from our new OTA server

4.4 on 1900 as far as I know have no real issues.

I think James was referring the customer how to revert back to 5.0.

I could be wrong though

If you have a link to the thread I will read it to make sure.

I stated on a few other threads over the weekend, Im supposed to have a new update to 5.1 this week, however as of today it needs bugs fixed so delayed till next week.

We also have another coding group that will have 5.1 for 1800/380/582, 585 and 1900. They will start work on this next month and should be available in June or July.

If none of the above satisfies anybody still, as I have said before. We will have another option for you as well that should satisfy you.