Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tbartrum

Openelec Install on atv582

Hello

I have recently installed OpenElec on my MyGica atv582 follwing the video instructions on this website , and It keeps freezing and locking up the whole system. I have to keep unplugging the box to reset. Is there a fix for this ? I have tried a few things with no success. Thanks in advance

Hello

I have recently installed OpenElec on my MyGica atv582 follwing the video instructions on this website , and It keeps freezing and locking up the whole system. I have to keep unplugging the box to reset. Is there a fix for this ? I have tried a few things with no success. Thanks in advance

Have you tried re installing Openelec again?

See if that helps and fixes the issue?

Another thing you may want to check for how much usable space you have left on your 582. I remember having a discussion with somebody here a week or two ago who said that there box kept freezing. It turned out that they had installed a build called The Beast and they had no room left on their box. While in Kodi you can find this information under system.

Then that is not the issue. I would do like Justin said and reinstall openelec Kodi. I had (kind of) the same problem on one of my boxes this week. I hadn't used it for a week or so then, when running Kodi, it would crash Kodi for no reason at all exactly 10 seconds after opening.

I reinstalled everything but only cleared data through android for Kodi. Same build. Same backup. Runs great now.

Because I'm running Kodi through Android, there is an option in Android Settings to "clear data" which is basically a clean install of an app without uninstalling it first. That doesn't pertain to openelec builds since you jump right to Kodi.

My option would be C, none of the above.

I've tried the overly commercialized config wizard that you're talking about and I was never too impressed with it. I find that the easiest way to do things is to get a good add-on installer ( hint, if we're talking about the same config wizard instead of running the config Wizards through the zip file look for an add-on installer instead).

That way you can simply install the 5 or 10 or 15 add ons that you like. The add-on installer that I'm talking about is a simple green add-on with no bells and whistles.

Another reason why I don't like most of the config Wizards out there is because they are nothing more than spam advertising for various websites. Another reason to make your own setup is so that you can alleviate, and perhaps remove all of these resellers who make exorbitant money off of people who don't realize that you can do the exact same thing with a little bit of know-how in 10 minutes.

That is why Kodi is having issues with Android now, not because of the boxes themselves but more the people that are selling to unknowing purchasers and making money off the name of Kodi.

Am I saying that I am running a squeaky-clean factory fresh version of Kodi with nothing added to it? I'm getting screwed over by Bell to a tune of almost $1,900 a year for internet and television so I'll let you decide that.

Mini rant is now done:-)

I think at this point I would like to revert back to Android OS. Can anyone supply me the file and instructions to make this happen ??

Thanks in advance

I think at this point I would like to revert back to Android OS. Can anyone supply me the file and instructions to make this happen ??

Thanks in advance

Sorry for not responding earlier

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.