Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reboot123

Don't have to worry about MyGica 1200, it is Bricked

Well we don't have to work about mygica 1200 now, it is bricked. I would like to thank the people that tried to help me. The people that make mygica should have a better system to help people who are having trouble. It is ok to say I did lots of them, but when you didn't any it is a different story. It seems like you have to wait a long time for the mygica reps to reply back. Not good. Not at all happy with the customer service.

Reboot123

Well we don't have to work about mygica 1200 now, it is bricked. I would like to thank the people that tried to help me. The people that make mygica should have a better system to help people who are having trouble. It is ok to say I did lots of them, but when you didn't any it is a different story. It seems like you have to wait a long time for the mygica reps to reply back. Not good. Not at all happy with the customer service.

Reboot123

Did it become bricked while attempting update to 4.2 from 4.1?

We provide very detailed how to instructions in our video, and all the files needed to do this.

I have been using the exact same SD card for 4.2 Upgrade on MyGica dual cores without any issues for 2 years. We use the exact same files that I posted up on here for download and follow the exact same directions in the how to video.

I would like to still offer something to you for the bricked unit, so let me know if interested.

Thanks

I would like to get it fixed. There is no reset button on it, the remote has no numbers on it. On the bottom of the unit there is an upgrade button. It would not recognize the external card. I formatted it and put only the files that were suppose to be on it. I tried to upgrade it but with no luck, it got bricked. When you ask for help it takes for ever. I though mygica would be a good unit to buy, with good service after the sale. But I guess I was wrong.

Reboot123

There is no reset button on it. On the bottom of the unit there is an upgrade button.

Reboot123

Bottom? My 1200 has the reset button on the back.

IMG_20160324_063138.jpg.18d6b1c609f9740a8b4fe091c361f4d9.jpg

I see what the problem is now. When I bought the mygica it was suppose to be a "MyGica 1200", but instead he sold me a "MyGica 520E". Not knowing a lot about them I took him for his word. So as I was trying to update it, I thought it was a 1200 but in reality it was a 520E. So if I had of known that it was a 520e I would have used it for surfing the web. What a great dealer this guy is. Well I guess you live and learn. It is people like that who give the brand name a bad name. Tsk for the help appreciate it.

Reboot123

520 and 1200 are the same software so look in the 520 section, people have had success resurrecting their boxes...