Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Re: ATV 1900AC - Android 5.1 BETA Firmware (loaded on 1800E)

Yesterday, I loaded the Android 5.1 FW onto my 1800E device and it installed surprisingly well. As per instructions, I did a factory Reset, the added in my SD card with the 5.1 files on it. The device rebooted and after a short while started to load the Firmware, automatically. It looked as if nothing was happening then the progress bars showed.

First off, I had to pick a Launcher, then presto there 5.1 was. I went to load the Netflix APK and Google Play Store informed me that I had to 'uninstall the latest updates' . This reverted Play Store back to the Original version 5.6.8, well, it worked and I accessed Netflix APK for downloading.

Netflix installed OK, it worked on launch, great picture and sound. I haven't run it for an extended test yet.

Play Store seems to have updated and again I had to 'uninstall the updates'. Play Store works but.....

Plex APK was downloaded. When I went to install it asked for my account, I had to link it from my computer and it accepted it, OK. When launched it flashed a VERY quick error screen saying it had crashed. Never could get around it, so, Plex is off the table for now.

I did try to back level Playstore and Plex but had no success. I expect a tweak or several are needed to the Firmware to get all in order.

As my wife and I are watching several Netflix shows right now, I'm not planning to back out of 5.1, as long as Netflix is stable. I'll try Kodi whenever the next rain hits and the honey-do list is finished.....but do they ever end!

Justin or whoever, any idea when 5.1 will become Official, or even tweaked a tad for further testing?

Thanks for your feedback. MyGica team is currently working on Android 5.1 for ATV 1900ac which resolves issues that cant be fixed on 5.0.X. We're expecting the release to come very soon.

Cheers

Thanks for your feedback. MyGica team is currently working on Android 5.1 for ATV 1900ac which resolves issues that cant be fixed on 5.0.X. We're expecting the release to come very soon.

Cheers

Why not working for 1800e too? I would expect a parallel work on this... But customers already bought your product is not your concern I think...

I bought ATV520 and 1800e... ATV520 interestingly "suddenly" stopped booting.

Will never buy Mygica again...

Cheers

Why not working for 1800e too? I would expect a parallel work on this... But customers already bought your product is not your concern I think...

I bought ATV520 and 1800e... ATV520 interestingly "suddenly" stopped booting.

Will never buy Mygica again...

5.1 from 1900 will also work on 582 and 1800

We have another group developing 5.1 for 582,380, 1800, 585 and 1900 as well, should be out in July

We will always update software for our products as long as were able to.

The 1800 is 2 years old, and we still continue to update it.

If your 520 stopped booting, why not submit it for warranty?

You would probably know that 520 wouldn't be within warranty... As you do not sell them for more than a year.

Even if out of warranty, we still offer solutions to you anywhere from $20-50.

You can check Nvidia Shield as a reference how a Media box should be, both firmware and hardware. Always updated with the latest Android version.

I am sick of using 3 years old android version, and you promising 2 years old android version to be released soon.

Sorry, but you need to take care of the customers better, rather than focusing only for printing Money. Believe me you will still easily print money, if it wasn't your main concern at the first place. You gotta learn how to not loose customers.