Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alansnyders

Android 5.1 update?

WOULD REALLY LOVE TO BE ABLE TO USE KODI 17! that's all I use the mygica box for! please we would all love to see such a company help us out, we spent the money recently to get what is such a great media box, just to find out now its limited not long after we buy it.  please we're asking nicely :)

So on Saturday Kodi 16.1 was up to its tricks and when I tried to switch it off it just hanged.

Then it died. It would not want to restart. Then as you would do with any APP that gives weird issues I just uninstalled it and re-installed with Google Play store ... NOPE!!

It does not work as the version on Play store is now Kodi 17. "This version is incompatible with your device"

I am technical so I knew to go to the Kodi site ... search for Kodi 16.1 APK ... download it to the Mygica and install it like that. Most people would not be able to get past that. This is not only a nice to have ... I think it is imperative for you guys to get this resolved. Kodi 16.1 is known to have an issue when shutdown. It hangs every now and then. It also then sometimes gets corrupted. There is people out there that buys this player only for Kodi. A lot of those will never even come to this support page. They will just never buy the same device again. Or from the same brand. 

12 hours ago, niffobti said:

So on Saturday Kodi 16.1 was up to its tricks and when I tried to switch it off it just hanged.

Then it died. It would not want to restart. Then as you would do with any APP that gives weird issues I just uninstalled it and re-installed with Google Play store ... NOPE!!

It does not work as the version on Play store is now Kodi 17. "This version is incompatible with your device"

I am technical so I knew to go to the Kodi site ... search for Kodi 16.1 APK ... download it to the Mygica and install it like that. Most people would not be able to get past that. This is not only a nice to have ... I think it is imperative for you guys to get this resolved. Kodi 16.1 is known to have an issue when shutdown. It hangs every now and then. It also then sometimes gets corrupted. There is people out there that buys this player only for Kodi. A lot of those will never even come to this support page. They will just never buy the same device again. Or from the same brand. 

We are looking into making Android 5.1 work on the 585.

We will continue to update everyone on this.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:25 AM, morpheus4517 said:

WOULD REALLY LOVE TO BE ABLE TO USE KODI 17! that's all I use the mygica box for! please we would all love to see such a company help us out, we spent the money recently to get what is such a great media box, just to find out now its limited not long after we buy it.  please we're asking nicely :)

Yup, I'm not happy that a device I bought a year ago is now obsolete, even though it's still for sale now. I upgraded to a different Android 5.1.1 4K media player yesterday (won't mention brand) and am very happy with it, Kodi 17 is awesome!

Yeah very dissatisfied, waisted a lot of money on this device and now I cant even upgrade kodi.

Would at least have expected the sales guy warn me that its an old rubbish unit that you cant upgrade...2days in after my purchase and I already regret this Mygica purchase :(

Hi Gholfstok (you sound like you also from South Africa like me) :)  Chances that the average sales guy would know that this device does not have adequate manufacturer support is rather slim. 

This is 100% a MyGica issue that they need to address or live with the "word of mouth" negative responses that we as the suckers that bought it has to say about it. So far ... I convinced 3 people to rather by Amazon Firesticks instead of this device. Purely due to the fact that I work in IT department in a pretty large company and most users think IT guys know stuff.

I cannot promote something that I clearly feel has not got the support that a device of this price should have had.

Hi niffobti,

Yes im from SA as well. These devices arent cheap and will soon be pretty useless. I am also In IT and should have done my research a bit better but it was kind of a rushed decision. 

Guess I will soon have to through the device in the trash can and then buy a decent media box that can run the latest Os and apps. :(

On 3/9/2017 at 7:55 PM, Raldo Tromp said:

Amlogic has released Android 5.0 SDK for Amlogic S805. So why is there no firmware update to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) for the MyGica ATV585 yet?

This version is alpha and from Jan 2015

On 09/03/2017 at 8:55 PM, Raldo Tromp said:

Amlogic has released Android 5.0 SDK for Amlogic S805. So why is there no firmware update to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) for the MyGica ATV585 yet?

They have had Andoid 5.0 lolipop since Dec 26 2014 and have not done anything with it for the 585.

They have also had the Android 5.1 since July 2016 witch can be used on the 1800/582/380/1900 and yes the 585.

Here is hoping that they do something with the 5.1 and it does not end up like the 5.0.

Hi I've just bought 2x ATV185 dongles for my home use solely for the kodi app. The dongle runs on kit Kat 4.4 but kodi has just move to android 5.1 lollipop.... my question is when will an update come out so that I can upgrade my 2 ATV185's to lollipop 5.1 ? 

On 3/16/2017 at 8:36 AM, Murphy said:

Hi I've just bought 2x ATV185 dongles for my home use solely for the kodi app. The dongle runs on kit Kat 4.4 but kodi has just move to android 5.1 lollipop.... my question is when will an update come out so that I can upgrade my 2 ATV185's to lollipop 5.1 ? 

We do not have Lollipop available for the 185

We never carried it here in North America, so I am not sure where you bought it from.

We have a fork of KODI 17 we will be releasing soon with source code that will work on all Android 4.4 devices.

This will allow users with older OS versions to use KODI 17.

It will be available for download on the Play Store.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

We have a fork of KODI 17 we will be releasing soon with source code that will work on all Android 4.4 devices.

This will allow users with older OS versions to use KODI 17.

It will be available for download on the Play Store.

That would help a lot. Would there be the same level of support and updates the kodi team provide? Will the functionality be the same as kodi 17? Will there be any bugs not related to kodi? Thanks again. The fork of kodi 17 will be much appreciated though.

Thanks for at least trying to get a Kodi 17 to work on Android 4.4

However ... that is like putting a plaster on a broken arm.

The only real solution would be to get a better Android version.

https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-1-krypton/

Kodi 17.1 is out. For all the rest of the world. A lot of bug fixes and some improvements. So ... a working Kodi 17 will be outdated as soon as you release it. 

On 3/22/2017 at 2:30 AM, niffobti said:

Thanks for at least trying to get a Kodi 17 to work on Android 4.4

However ... that is like putting a plaster on a broken arm.

The only real solution would be to get a better Android version.

https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-1-krypton/

Kodi 17.1 is out. For all the rest of the world. A lot of bug fixes and some improvements. So ... a working Kodi 17 will be outdated as soon as you release it. 

We will update it to 17.1 when released

I posted our fork of KODI 17.0 called MyGica Media Center on this thread

17.1 will be the the official release

On 3/24/2017 at 1:37 PM, Justin said:

I posted our fork of KODI 17.0 called MyGica Media Center on this thread

17.1 will be the the official release

Hello Justin,

Can you please share the link for "MyGica Media Center" I couldn't find it,

Thanks

13 hours ago, niffobti said:

The link gets removed when I added it.

What do you mean "link gets removed"? It's an apk file, you install it.

Will this work for ATV582?

can you provide instructions for a beginner user? 16.x not working properly, suddenly lost all working sources, hoping to upgrade to resolve.

thanks,