Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alansnyders

Android 5.1 update?

On 3/25/2017 at 6:29 PM, shaullazar said:

Hello Justin,

Can you please share the link for "MyGica Media Center" I couldn't find it,

Thanks

You can just click on the link to the post that I shared.

On 3/30/2017 at 9:22 AM, JTW1979 said:

When will this be on Google Play? I might as well wait for 17.1.

I plan to put it on sometime next week
I just got the source code last night.

I will start with 17, then when 17.1 available it will be on the Playstore and you can upgrade that way.

On 3/31/2017 at 0:10 PM, Justin said:

I plan to put it on sometime next week
I just got the source code last night.

I will start with 17, then when 17.1 available it will be on the Playstore and you can upgrade that way.

would this work for ATV380? I searched the play store for the app, still not there!!

I loaded the Kodi 17 APK on the 585 ... it works OK for 480P videos. But 720P and higher is very jerky and have a slight stop every 5 seconds or so. This is not bandwidth related as I saw this with playing local files. Both from Ethernet (100mb) as well as the wifi connection. I removed the Kodi17 APK again. Will wait for the Kodi 17.1 APK to be released for the MyGica ... and also hope that we might still get a Firmware upgrade higher than Android 5

Dont hold your breath on 5.1 for this box. It isnt coming. That is why they are reversing Kodi 17 to work with KitKat. I will wait for the final release on Google Play before installing.

1 hour ago, JTW1979 said:

Dont hold your breath on 5.1 for this box. It isnt coming. That is why they are reversing Kodi 17 to work with KitKat. I will wait for the final release on Google Play before installing.

are you saying that Kodi will release a new version (17.x) that supports kitkat?  that will be an ideal solution.

50 minutes ago, SideBros said:

are you saying that Kodi will release a new version (17.x) that supports kitkat?  that will be an ideal solution.

Not Kodi themselves

We have created our own fork of Kodi 17.x to work on Kit Kat

We will share back the source code to Kodi though.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Not Kodi themselves

We have created our own fork of Kodi 17.x to work on Kit Kat

We will share back the source code to Kodi though.

OK, can you please let us know when are you planning to release a stable version?

7 minutes ago, SideBros said:

OK, can you please let us know when are you planning to release a stable version?

The current version I put on our forum is stable

I should have it up on the Playstore by Friday, just need to redo the APK as per Googles Guidelines for uploading apps to the Playstore

Just now, Justin said:

The current version I put on our forum is stable

I should have it up on the Playstore by Friday, just need to redo the APK as per Googles Guidelines for uploading apps to the Playstore

I must have missed that link, i will double check again and see if i can find it and test it.

Just now, SideBros said:

do you think it is OK to keep Kodi 16 installed and install the one you've just shared? i assume yes!!!

Yes you can run both apps side by side
So you can keep Kodi 16 installed

On 4/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, JTW1979 said:

Is this on Google Play yet?

Not yet

There is an issue with how we built the app, and googles preventing it from being uploaded

We are fixing it, and hope to release it this week.

Still waiting. I think releasing 5.1 would have been a better option. Once I cant use Kodi 16.1 anymore looks like this box will be retired.

6 hours ago, JTW1979 said:

Still waiting. I think releasing 5.1 would have been a better option. Once I cant use Kodi 16.1 anymore looks like this box will be retired.

Sure 16.1 still works. Just not with Exodus/Phoenix etc.

If you're complaining about 16.1 not "working" for you now, wait until DRM and Kudelski are introduced. 

On 5/19/2017 at 8:15 PM, Omar said:

Hey guys any updates on the "update"? 

I am currently testing a 5.1 Beta Firmware on the ATV 585

It still needs some changes though, so I am waiting on those changes.

Massive Security flaw on on all versions of Kodi up to 17.1 when using subtitles. Your device can be completely compromised and all personal info can be stolen. Kodi 17.2 is going to be released urgently to address this issue.

But meanwhile at MyGica ... we are supposed to be happy running Kodi16.1.

So  If you stuck with this device ... make sure all other apps is defaulted. Do not use e-mail or Facebook or anything that requires any personal data. Or ... NEV ER use any subtitles inside Kodi.

8 hours ago, niffobti said:

Massive Security flaw on on all versions of Kodi up to 17.1 when using subtitles. Your device can be completely compromised and all personal info can be stolen. Kodi 17.2 is going to be released urgently to address this issue.

But meanwhile at MyGica ... we are supposed to be happy running Kodi16.1.

So  If you stuck with this device ... make sure all other apps is defaulted. Do not use e-mail or Facebook or anything that requires any personal data. Or ... NEV ER use any subtitles inside Kodi.

Yes there seems to be a lot of security flaws happening with a lot of different devices lately, especially Windows
This was a good find on the developers part as this is something you do not see everyday as a security flaw.

Any update on android 5 update?  I installed the media apk but says it's running kodi 17.0 also won't let me add a source says not connect to network. Check the network connection in the media center and it says it's connected. So need android 5 as fork doesn't work