Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alansnyders

Android 5.1 update?

10 hours ago, Ayron said:

Any update on android 5 update?  I installed the media apk but says it's running kodi 17.0 also won't let me add a source says not connect to network. Check the network connection in the media center and it says it's connected. So need android 5 as fork doesn't work 

Currently testing a new update I received few days ago.

Will post in downloads section once ready.

Any news on 5.1? I literally bought a new ATV 585 just a little over a month ago and would appreciate the software updates so I can run the latest software such as Kodi.

21st June 2017

When can we expect to receive download for 5.1 for ATV 858 , waiting to update Kodi 17 cannot do that until 5.1 is available.

On 6/24/2017 at 2:31 PM, Britman said:

21st June 2017

When can we expect to receive download for 5.1 for ATV 858 , waiting to update Kodi 17 cannot do that until 5.1 is available.

Will be uploading the downloads + how to videos very soon.

I installed it last night, and I find it really very heavy and slow!

I will try a wipe data since recovery and I let you know.

Hi. Installed the beta version of 5.1 and find it relatively slow. The device also freezed about 3 times in radom operation and only responded to a reboot by removing power to the device. 

I havent had any freezing or reboots. I did a clean install to start fresh. Glad they at least brought this out. Saved my 585 from the landfill.

Hello Justin.

I was able to successfully upgrade two different boxes to Lollipop using the instructions in this forum, thank you.. However, for some reason both boxes lost the ability to connect to Ethernet. any thoughts?

2 hours ago, rbhalla said:

Hello Justin.

I was able to successfully upgrade two different boxes to Lollipop using the instructions in this forum, thank you.. However, for some reason both boxes lost the ability to connect to Ethernet. any thoughts?

Try rebooting the box

Ethernet should work after that.
We tried this on over 15 boxes, sometimes we had to reboot to get the Ethernet to connect.

Dear Justin

I have just updated my device to 5.1.1.

However, when I try to install and register DSTV now app I get an error to say the device is already regsitered to somebody else. Refer to this link. Can you please advise.

Upgraded my 585 the other day.  We use on an old rear projection tv (pre-HDMI) and use the yellow/white/red cables.

We no longer get sound.  Tried the sound settings to no avail.

2 hours ago, Stryken said:

Upgraded my 585 the other day.  We use on an old rear projection tv (pre-HDMI) and use the yellow/white/red cables.

We no longer get sound.  Tried the sound settings to no avail.

Hi Stryken,

Make sure in the Android settings that the audio are set to hdmi out and it should work.

11 hours ago, Tipps said:

Hi Stryken,

Make sure in the Android settings that the audio are set to hdmi out and it should work.

Did not work.  I am not using an HDMI connection.  Any other ideas?

3 hours ago, Stryken said:

Did not work.  I am not using an HDMI connection.  Any other ideas?

In your rear projection tv AV settings make sure the sound matches the Mygica device as in my TV I found if the TV didn't match the MyGica device the sound would cut out.

If your using Kodi 17 in the audio settings in kodi make sure all the Passthrough settings are correct, I also have heard there might be a bug in the 5.1 android beta version if thsi what you are using. Hope some of this helps.

On 2017/07/07 at 9:09 PM, Gholfstok said:

Dear Justin

I have just updated my device to 5.1.1.

However, when I try to install and register DSTV now app I get an error to say the device is already regsitered to somebody else. Refer to this link. Can you please advise.

Hi Gholfstok

I made a seperate thread on the issue. Apparently we don't get a unique device ID with 5.1 as we did with 4.4, I ended up rolling back. However, please test any device ID apps and see if you can get DSTV now registered before going back to 4.4, I didn't get the opportunity to test as the misses wanted to watch TV lol

On 7/29/2017 at 10:09 PM, Stryken said:

Is there any work being done to fix the sound issue using the other cables (vs using HDMI)?

This is something we cannot fix right now, and not sure we will be able to.

All of the Android 5.1 Firmwares that were released for our older models are Beta Files and will always be Beta.
When in Beta, it means not everything is 100%

The main purpose of coming out with Android 5.1 Beta was for users to use Kodi 17+ on their older boxes.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:36 AM, SideBros said:

Justin,

would it work with the 380 device? have you been able to test it?

Yes Android 5.1 will work on the ATV 380.

If you have any other questions just ask

Thanks

Good afternoon

tried the Beta update on my Atv600,

update says 600 but 585 on in file lingo

regardless, 5 hours of my life I won't get back had to download factory reset file 

and now start again as my screen would freeze on the Mygica welcome

i see another user posted similar problem Aug 22 with no reply to them

this thing is a pain 

On 31/07/2017 at 0:45 PM, Justin said:

Yes Android 5.1 will work on the ATV 380.

If you have any other questions just ask

Thanks

this is what I get when I try to install the beta update on my ATV 380, it says " This package is for "stv8b" devices; this is "stvm8"  "

IMG_20170904_113947299.jpg