Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jessemantz

Issues with my ATV 380

Hello Everyone,

I purchased the ATV380 a few months back from Canada Computers and it's been nothing but trouble. Sometimes, when I am using my Marantz SR-5009 receiver and change my inputs to go back to the MyGica box, the screen remains black. I either have to unplug the HMDI and plug it back in or I need to pull out the power cord and plug it back in for a reboot, which is a huge pain in my ass.

Further, it doesn't allow me the option to eject my external drives like an External Hard Drive or USB. I'm a movie buff and I have genres of movies that have been downloaded onto hard drives for my viewing purposes on my main TV through my receiver so this is what I use my box for, as I don't stream whatsoever. I'm also keen on the 5.1 audio as most of my movie files are larger and have DTS 5.1 audio properties.

Now, I can't seem to play any large files through the USB port for 3-4GB movies. I'm very frustrated and I'm not enjoying this box. I've used Kodi, 4K Player and even VLC that I downloaded. VLC doesn't even give me the proper settings to change the audio format to 5.1!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to help me out with the above? I also caught a glimpse on the MyGica page and it said that my box doesn't support any 5.1 audio? This is surprising considering it's a Quad Core with 4K HD file capabilities. Makes no sense to me. Looking for help!

Thank you,

Jesse

Sorry for no faster response on this

As for the HDMI issues you are having.

The latest ATV 582 Firmware on this page will fix this issue

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

As for playing videos from your USB.

There is really no option within Android to eject USB or SD Cards.

You can just unplug them manually and this will be fine.

As a good way to playback all your videos with 5.1 Audio.

Kodi or Plex work best for this.

They will also add in any Meta Data (Movie Posters) for good looks

I just picked up a 380 from Canada Computers and it is occasionally not being recognized by the HDMI. In your post above you linked to the firmware page and told the original poster that the ATV 582 firmware would fix his problem, despite the fact that he has an ATV380. Is this just a mix up or should I actually be installing the 582 firmware on my 380?

Also, if I could get quick instructions as to how to do the update, it would be appreciated.

That's a good question, but if you hover over the file name of both the 582 and 380 (and the 1800E) - its the same path and file name - same file.

But a direct answer for this would be good.

A  direct quote from the "1800 Downloads" section

This is the NEWEST Firmware update Files for the ATV 1800/582/380 Version

DATED: March 23, 2016

1. Extract all Files from the zip folder and put it onto the Root of your SD Card

2. Can be updated using the Upgrade app or Recovery Mode. Updating through recovery mode will allow you to use a SD card or USB Drive.

3. This update will NOT factory reset your box. So it is suggested that you backup your apps and data and do a factory reset to have a fresh install

FIRMWARE CHANGE LOG:

Changes:

Change log;

1. Updated kodi to 16.0

2. solved Wifi disconnect issue

3. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

The same info can be found in the "582/380" section under "downloads" 

Sounds like the same file to me...