Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MovieFan

Frozen ATV1200 Screen (Nothing works)....

My unit (ATV1200) was working fine since last week. Suddenly- it stopped working.

I was able to see Main screen, but nothing works.

Here's what I did in sequence:

1) Tried to reboot system few times. No success.

2) Tried to do soft reset.

In order to proceed, I tried to click on "setting" on main screen without any luck. It seem that everything on screen was frozen.

3) Tried to do hard reset.

It worked till "Wiping data... Formatiing / data...." screen & then- got frozen again. I waited for 3 hrs.

Then- remove main power cable & re-tried 3 more times. Every time, it got frozen at same place (i.e. "Wiping data... Formatting data..." screen.

4) Tried to find latest firmware in download section of this forum. Copy "image" file on SD Card & try to update it.

No success - it got frozen on android screen again. Waited for 2-3 hrs again.

5) Removed SD Card & tried to do hard reset again, but no luck.

Light on front is "Green" & so- seems my unit is still working (not bricked yet).

Don't know what to do. I purchased this in Canada from private buyer 6 months ago & so- do not have receipt. Not sure how warranty works in this case.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

My unit (ATV1200) was working fine since last week. Suddenly- it stopped working.

I was able to see Main screen, but nothing works.

Here's what I did in sequence:

1) Tried to reboot system few times. No success.

2) Tried to do soft reset.

In order to proceed, I tried to click on "setting" on main screen without any luck. It seem that everything on screen was frozen.

3) Tried to do hard reset.

It worked till "Wiping data... Formatiing / data...." screen & then- got frozen again. I waited for 3 hrs.

Then- remove main power cable & re-tried 3 more times. Every time, it got frozen at same place (i.e. "Wiping data... Formatting data..." screen.

4) Tried to find latest firmware in download section of this forum. Copy "image" file on SD Card & try to update it.

No success - it got frozen on android screen again. Waited for 2-3 hrs again.

5) Removed SD Card & tried to do hard reset again, but no luck.

Light on front is "Green" & so- seems my unit is still working (not bricked yet).

Don't know what to do. I purchased this in Canada from private buyer 6 months ago & so- do not have receipt. Not sure how warranty works in this case.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The remote control that came with the box

Is it a bigger one with channel #s on it, or a smaller one without Channe #s?

Not sure what is difference between big & small. I've attached jpeg file of remote received with the box.

It's with # 0 to 9 & has some other buttons (eg. Netflix, Play store, XBMC,etc) as you may see on image.

Thanks

Niraj

5817fd90f34f2_ATV1200Remote.jpg.cea9c024c2a18a77b7ea6d7723e2aa5f.jpg

Not sure what is difference between big & small. I've attached jpeg file of remote received with the box.

It's with # 0 to 9 & has some other buttons (eg. Netflix, Play store, XBMC,etc) as you may see on image.

Thanks

Niraj

That is KR60 Remote

please use http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

To download the recovery files for ATV 1200 KR60

This video will help with the instructions

duel core video;

Thanks- I tried to follow process.

Unfortunately- it didn't do anything for few minutes & so- I removed power pin.

After this- when I turned on again, now I'm getting only red light....(No more green light on Front).

Does it mean myGica is bricked ???? OR Do I need to download different file now. Please let me know.

Thanks

Niraj

Thanks- I tried to follow process.

Unfortunately- it didn't do anything for few minutes & so- I removed power pin.

After this- when I turned on again, now I'm getting only red light....(No more green light on Front).

Does it mean myGica is bricked ???? OR Do I need to download different file now. Please let me know.

Thanks

Niraj

When you were holding the reset button on the back

Were the lights on the front of the box flashing between red and green?