Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyCivil

HD CAP-X stopped working after using composite and/or Ex-FAT

I've had a HD Cap-X for a couple of months, I have the receipt somewhere, but not 'to hand'. It was working fine for HDMI, but last week I wanted to capture some VHS tapes, so I connected it to my VCR via Composite. It worked at first, but I was having issues with the memory stick getting full. I switched to a 64Gb stick, not realising that it was ExFAT. I don't know if the HD CAP-X can handle Ex-FAT or not. The last time, it created files, 2GB, 2GB and 300MB, but they were corrupted. Now, it doesn't work at all. When I power it up, the green "PWR" light comes on, but nothing else. No other lights no matter what buttons I press, and no output from the HDMI output to the TV.

I looked for a 'reset' button, but there doesn't seem to be one.

What can I do? I don't want to take it back to the store if there's something simple I can do to reset it in some way.

Never mind, I fixed it!

This is what I did; if your HD CAP-X shows the same fault (PWR LED but nothing else) you could try this.

Download the file http://www.mygicasupport.com/download/file.php?id=334 and unzip it to extract the software image "jedi.img". Copy it to a memory stick (not in a folder, just at the top, known as "root" to tech'y people). Unplug the HD CAP-X, plug in the memory stick, and then power up (plug in) the HD CAP-X. After a second or two, the red LED #2 (rec) will flash - this shows you it's loading, don't interrupt the process. When it's done (leave time after the flashing stops, just in case) unplug the power again. If it works correctly, the jedi.img file will have been deleted automatically.

When you power up, it should be working!