Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedOne23

Crackling sound through audio

Hi, I've been having a crackling sound through my speakers no matter what I watch on my 1800, I called in once to mygica support and was told there was an update or patch that fixed that issue but after I installed it and rebooted, I still had the same crackling sound, please help! It's not a bad HDMI cord because I have switched between 4 that I already have. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks all

This issue with this is due to the pre installed version of Firmware that came on 1 batch of units we imported at the beginning of the new year

You can either take the OTA update which will install a newer firmware that fixes this issue

Or you can manually download it and install it from here

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Thank you. I would suggest you do a recall or a an FAQ article on the units that you KNOW have this problem.

I had a hard time finding this solution that you responded too, and it would be bad for business for people to start returning these units back to the store especially since it doesn't work out of the box on something so critical (sound and video should be flawless).

Once our OTA server is fully upgraded this week, the new Firmware update being sent to everyone's 1800 will take the same update you just did and the issue will be fixed.

I am having this issue with my new 1800e but I have not been prompted to do the ota firmware update. Any idea why I have not seen this update yet as I won 2 of these boxes and have already done the update to the first one.

I am having this issue with my new 1800e but I have not been prompted to do the ota firmware update. Any idea why I have not seen this update yet as I won 2 of these boxes and have already done the update to the first one.

Go into the UPGRADE APP

Turn off Automatic Update, and then select Manual Update

It will check for the latest update

OK thanks Justin.

Now I am wondering, what about any other ota updates?

How will I be able to get them if I am unable to get them ota now?

I mean we should see 5.0 soon correct?

Shouldn't I be able to connect to the servers?

OK thanks Justin.

Now I am wondering, what about any other ota updates?

How will I be able to get them if I am unable to get them ota now?

I mean we should see 5.0 soon correct?

After taking this update you will be able to receive any future updates.

If you want Android 5.1 update you will have to install it manually as we do not update it over the internet.

Will 5.1 eventually be available ota?

It will have to be manually installed first

After that it will be supported by OTA