Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifeisfun

LG TV remote same IR code as 582 remote

Couple people complained that the 582 turns on by it self,

I didn't believe it but after investigation discovered that they all have LG TV,

and sure enough the Flash back or return to previous channel on the tv remote will turn on the 582.

Not sure what can be done but it should be looked in to.

Lg remote AKB73615315

Justin, could you please point this out? This is annoying problem.

Not really sure how this can be fixed, since the remote would have to be changed if the remote code had to be changed to fix this problem.

How did you want me to try and get this fixed?

Not really sure how this can be fixed, since the remote would have to be changed if the remote code had to be changed to fix this problem.

Well, they should seriously consider change it in the 1800 model since LG has large market share.

Well, they should seriously consider change it in the 1800 model since LG has large market share.

Not really sure this can be done, as the ATV 582 and soon the ATV 1800 has been mass produced.

I will have to try this myself on an LG TV, as I have only heard of this from just yourself.

I got three clients that have this problem.

They all use universal remotes that can route commands to individual devices, so there is solution I just have to add more blasters to avoid this conflict but not many people will know how to on basic home set up.