Justin

**NEW** ATV 586 ATSC Version Firmware MAY-06-16

This is for ATV 586 ATSC Version only.

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX.

Change Log:

1. Updated to new Android Kernel

2. Fixed Full screen PIP on main launcher

3. Faster Channel Change

4. Corrected remote buttons for Ch UP/DOWN

5. Fixed Audio out of Sync

6. Added KODI 16.0

update_Mygica_ATV586A_4.4_20160330 (1).zip

Installing this new version will be something new for me. Can you list some directions how to do this properly? Can I use a USB drive or do I have to use an SD card?

Thanks for any help or assistance you can provide.

download the firmware on your computer

unzip the file and transfer to SD Card

on your box open "quick boot app"

click on recovery

click on wipe data/factory reset.

then select yes

select apply update from EXT

update from SDcard

select the image file

after the installation is complete click on "reboot system now"

Hi,

I just wanted to load the new firmware onto my device, I selected Update -> local update and it rebooted into recovery. However, the progress bar stopped at around 80% and also the droid image is freezing. Screen still frozen now and showing no progress. I'm afraid the device will be bricked if I simply unplug it from power. Any suggestion what I can do now?

BR,

fraunzek

Hi, just fixed it, after unplugging the device went into recovery. I donwloaded update_Mygica_ATV586A_4.4_20160513 from the "official" website and flashed that, works now. @Justin, please check that file you attached in your post, as it seems to be outdated and caused a hanging device during update. Also, the guideline you posted is not really up to date, since there is no "quick boot app" on my device, it has to be done via "Settings" -> "Software update" -> Select "local update".

I guess Mygica_ATV586A_4.4_20160513/Build number V002M8B01_20160513 is now the latest version? Thanks.

For those having problems manually updating the ATV 586 ATSC or ATV 586 T2 were sending an OTA update tonight.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello, I was able to install this firmware on my ATV586 ATSC but the guide stopped working - How do I get the guide working again? Thanks!

You installed the firmware from my first post?

Or which one was it that you installed?

Hey, I updated and there is zero EPG info now for me as well. Was working fine an hour ago before update and other TV's here still show EPG info so it's definitely in the upgrade.

I'm ready to ship this back to Amazon since time limit is running out, hopefully someone here can post here where we can get the older firmware?

Upgrade -> Manual update now also just says "Connect service fail" so can't get anything OTA apparently but a download is fine I guess.

Also the Audio sync is *not* fixed, it is the same as always - drifts increasingly as you watch, with 5 bar signal. Also drifts watching videos in the PVR area - same thing. When watching live you can "reset" by quickly changing channel then back. When watching PVR, doing rewind for a few seconds and then restarting also "resets" and it's OK for ~10 minutes before becoming noticeable again... annoying however having to constantly do this.

But! Watching videos in Kodi instead... no problems at all. So that's a good workaround.

Anyway could someone please / hopefully post where we can find previous firmware. Meantime I'll search around.

Also if you could post somewhere how we can get into recovery mode reliably and thus restore from external media.

Also wanted to note that since we have no way to schedule anything without EPG, having zero EPG info caused by this upgrade effectively breaks PVR-everything since the only other way is to press record button while sitting there - which kind of defeats the whole point...

My EPG data is gone too (U.S. and Canadian channels).

Using "update_Mygica_ATV586A_4.4_20160330"

Please add a feature to set a recording by entering date, time and channel (not using EPG data)

Did you guys take this update recently directly on the box?

Not installing it manually?

If so was it a quick update that took under 5 minutes

For me, yes to all of the above.

That is strange since that update was just meant to change our UPGRADE apps Server URL and nothing else

The next update will follow on Tuesday

If you do not want to wait you can manually download it here

This update will be sent next week via OTA

https://mega.nz/#!mMtRQZrR!BHlxX_8f4BEF ... t95HyD2sI4

Tried it here on 2 boxes, EPG Working

That is strange since that update was just meant to change our UPGRADE apps Server URL and nothing else

The next update will follow on Tuesday

If you do not want to wait you can manually download it here

This update will be sent next week via OTA

https://mega.nz/#!mMtRQZrR!BHlxX_8f4BEF ... t95HyD2sI4

Tried it here on 2 boxes, EPG Working

Hope you wait a bit on that update - it populated the EPG but all of the info was wrong. See screenshot here: https://imgur.com/DqKyW0S four shows all starting at 11:00AM all of them with the wrong info (it's from another channel) and chopping off the first three characters of longer show names.

It also prompted to upgrade which I initially skipped but accepted after this, it upgraded me to the firmware I started with: V002M8B01_20160518 but EPG info was the same. Rescanned channels and it was all blank again. Rebooted and rescanned two more times - same result.

So I rolled back to this one I found a link to in the forums: V002M8B01_20151102 ...this one has some minor bugs but after correcting the timezone the EPG listings were indeed correct. I have scheduled a recording for tonight so we will see how that goes.

In all cases the audio drift was there and it would slowly go out of sync. About every ten minutes on live TV it could be "reset" by quickly changing channel and back again, and in DTV video by rewinding a few seconds and then hitting play. Haven't had a chance to test fully but Kodi seems to handle video playback better with an initial correction same way needed but after that no drift. Not 100% sure on that though.

So for now, I need to stick with old firmware V002M8B01_20151102 since at least the PVR and EPG seem to be mostly functional. Auto-update is now disabled and I'll watch the forums for any new updates.

BTW the "quick boot" app was very useful in forcing the ATV586 into recovery mode to flash the firmware, and it looks like you can use a usb drive or sdcard, however the remote up/down did not work so had to plug in a USB keyboard which solved that issue. Best -

More info the next day... the recording I set last night worked and looks fine, however it seems with this older version anyway the recordings are all chopped at 37:15? It was a long show so we ended up with four files, first three chopped at that length 4GB each and then a smaller file for the last part.

This isn't a big deal however, I noticed the EPG listings in this version too are now all wrong with multiple shows starting at the same time, also off by I think about 18 hours? It appears random.

Also, I had scheduled it specifically to record "weekly" and looking at the schedule, it was deleted after it finished recording... I have yet to set anything on weekly and have it stay in the schedule, they always get deleted after recording once.

So what I am going to try next is to ignore program names, at least there is EPG info of some sort - so I'll try ignoring the programming names, use TVGuide.com and try going only by the times. Part of the problem though, is that the listings also sometimes have wrong times showing something is only 30 minutes when it is actually an hour... so hopefully I will get lucky in that regard since we have no way to change it.

Honestly having a simple cronjob gui interface (since it is linux / android based) would solve all of this, we could just enter the parameters of date / time / channel and daily or weekly would pretty much solve the all of these problems: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16747880/how-to-use-crontab-in-android ...EPG is mostly ignored if we don't have to use it to set the schedule. Best -

Got notification of OTA update, ran it... device rebooted into recovery and is stuck there. arrow keys/vol+/vol- don't work :oops: Seems i need to get USB keyboard to fix this... Actually the software seems really buggy, this is my second update and again it doesn't work out of the box! :evil:

After fixing the issue I had through the automatic update (device in recovery, but remote control not working), I updated now to the most recent version, V002M8B01_20160519. The positive part: my device lives again. The negative part: EPG is still messed up. On some channels, it displays EPG only from today, not for the following days. On some channels, there's no EPG at all. For most of the show titles, first letters are cut off, as previous poster reported already. Please check this issue, if you need more information let me know.

More info the next day... the recording I set last night worked and looks fine, however it seems with this older version anyway the recordings are all chopped at 37:15? It was a long show so we ended up with four files, first three chopped at that length 4GB each and then a smaller file for the last part.

This isn't a big deal however, I noticed the EPG listings in this version too are now all wrong with multiple shows starting at the same time, also off by I think about 18 hours? It appears random.

Also, I had scheduled it specifically to record "weekly" and looking at the schedule, it was deleted after it finished recording... I have yet to set anything on weekly and have it stay in the schedule, they always get deleted after recording once.

So what I am going to try next is to ignore program names, at least there is EPG info of some sort - so I'll try ignoring the programming names, use TVGuide.com and try going only by the times. Part of the problem though, is that the listings also sometimes have wrong times showing something is only 30 minutes when it is actually an hour... so hopefully I will get lucky in that regard since we have no way to change it.

Honestly having a simple cronjob gui interface (since it is linux / android based) would solve all of this, we could just enter the parameters of date / time / channel and daily or weekly would pretty much solve the all of these problems: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16747880/how-to-use-crontab-in-android ...EPG is mostly ignored if we don't have to use it to set the schedule. Best -

If your recordings are maxing out at 4GB, is the USB device or SD card you are recording to formatted to FAT32?

Because FAT 32 is limited on size per file to be saved to it. So that could be the issue

If you have them formatted to NTFS, then you will not have these issues.

As for manual schedule recording and newer look for EPG.

These features will be added within the next 1-2 months to our DTV Player APP

Our new server is working, and I have updated 10 boxes now in our office.

First took a small patch which change the server to a new one, which is dated 05/18.

Then afterwards it prompted me for new update on 05/19 which took 17 minutes to download a 450mb file onto the box.

None of the 10 boxes ended up in Recovery mode. I will continue to update about another 20 boxes to test here, I am trying the update on a mix of ethernet and wifi.

If your recordings are maxing out at 4GB, is the USB device or SD card you are recording to formatted to FAT32?

Because FAT 32 is limited on size per file to be saved to it. So that could be the issue

First took a small patch which change the server to a new one, which is dated 05/18.

Then afterwards it prompted me for new update on 05/19 which took 17 minutes to download a 450mb file onto the box.

None of the 10 boxes ended up in Recovery mode. I will continue to update about another 20 boxes to test here, I am trying the update on a mix of ethernet and wifi.

Ah! Yep, FAT32 must be the 4GB problem. I'll reformat the USB disk to NTFS. Thanks much for the tip! :)

Should have mentioned I had been going into Recovery mode because I didn't have an SD Card and needed to select USB disk. I have an SD Card now which should make things a whole lot easier. Is 05/19 still the newest image? I'm willing to test with a beta image if you want... the main prob was that EPG is completely empty in the 05/19 image so cannot PVR anything at all. The V002M8B01_20151102 image still has wrong EPG info, but if I set it to a time it will still at least record.

If you have a beta image I'm happy to test it over here and post screenshots or whatever, if you want to post or PM me a URL. I'm in San Francisco, CA.

Ah! Yep, FAT32 must be the 4GB problem. I'll reformat the USB disk to NTFS. Thanks much for the tip! :)

Should have mentioned I had been going into Recovery mode because I didn't have an SD Card and needed to select USB disk. I have an SD Card now which should make things a whole lot easier. Is 05/19 still the newest image? I'm willing to test with a beta image if you want... the main prob was that EPG is completely empty in the 05/19 image so cannot PVR anything at all. The V002M8B01_20151102 image still has wrong EPG info, but if I set it to a time it will still at least record.

If you have a beta image I'm happy to test it over here and post screenshots or whatever, if you want to post or PM me a URL. I'm in San Francisco, CA.

05/19 is what we use here in the office currently

Without any issues for the EPG

Try doing a rescan of the channels, if that does not work then try resetting the box.

Currently this is the latest version available, we do not have anything beta.

05/19 is what we use here in the office currently

Without any issues for the EPG

Try doing a rescan of the channels, if that does not work then try resetting the box.

Currently this is the latest version available, we do not have anything beta.

Already rescanned the channels 10 times in between 3 resets and no change. I'll watch for any updates since the box is essentially useless to me at this point since it does not do anything it is supposed to do... any idea when the next update will come out? Best -