Justin

**NEW** ATV 586 ATSC Version Firmware MAY-06-16

Yeah...I caved in, against my better judgment, which was to tolerate the bugs, enjoy the device for what it was doing well, and forego firmwares altogether. so I did update with the official site firmware: now my live tv and dtv guide is messed up, now i cant record at all. I know you know. ive read the forum posts. ill go against my emotions to flame here and try to contribute something constructive to the issue:

Guide is f### now.even if it worked ot wouldnt be viable:

You say yourself not all antenna channels distribute EPG data, so instead of rethinking a whole new guide graphic design, why dont you make us a simple dialog listing the following THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, REGARDLESS OF HALF AVAILABLE EPG DATA?

1. list of entries

2 context dialog on an entry shows EDIT, CLONE,DELETE, with the usual X CANCEL

3. edit entry shows: specify antenna channel, from time, to time, day, repeat weekly. OK button CANCEL button.

Im a digital artist and I can code this in Flash script, javascript, and php in a frakkin day!

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

WHY IS THIS TAKING FOREVER?

it might not look all glamorous, but at least we could RECORD like we should, why should we? because i f$#@ payed you guys to be able to.

(i SO f### knew it...)

Yeah...I caved in, against my better judgment, which was to tolerate the bugs, enjoy the device for what it was doing well, and forego firmwares altogether. so I did update with the official site firmware: now my live tv and dtv guide is messed up, now i cant record at all. I know you know. ive read the forum posts. ill go against my emotions to flame here and try to contribute something constructive to the issue:

Guide is f### now.even if it worked ot wouldnt be viable:

You say yourself not all antenna channels distribute EPG data, so instead of rethinking a whole new guide graphic design, why dont you make us a simple dialog listing the following THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, REGARDLESS OF HALF AVAILABLE EPG DATA?

1. list of entries

3. edit entry shows: specify antenna channel, from time, to time, day, repeat weekly. OK button CANCEL button.

Im a digital artist and I can code this in Flash script, javascript, and php in a frakkin day!

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

WHY IS THIS TAKING FOREVER?

it might not look all glamorous, but at least we could RECORD like we should, why should we? because i f$#@ payed you guys to be able to.

(i SO f### knew it...)

I am fully aware of the guide issues as well as PVR.

Still being worked on.

As for redesigning the menus.

Its a lot harder when building them into an app.

One project that was done recently which is very similar to DTV Player took close to 500 hours to build from start to finish.

And this was taking PSD images and making them into an app with all the coding work put into it to make the app function properly.

You mention this

1. list of entries

Do you mean to add this for PVR feature?

no, i meant

take the last DTV app that actually recorded

(because you broke the recording, according to the forum post)

disable/bypass the UI

(because its broken and also rely on inconsistent EPG data anyway)

create the proposed UI that justs create or edit program recording times and does record the tv, calling/using the already wotking functions of recording the antenna tv shows

USING STANDARD ANDROID UI elements

no photoshop graphic design elements that take hours to do but already provided UI elements that have been working since the birth of the android platform or whatever basic graphic elements you already have for standard text dialogs!!!!!

(or use the elements already designed in the mygica UI, geeze, stop trying to look good, your shit doesnt even work right now! youre selling a car that doesnt have a steering wheel that works!)

make this A NEW APP that doesnt require us to entirely reconfigure our mygica OVER AND OVER

i call it tv recorder?

AND DONT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE FOR THIS DELIVERABLE! All your firmwares fix 2 things while breaking more!

THAT will resolve the issue, doesnt take 500 hours to do, and that doesnt rely on EPG guide you already know to be inconsistent!!

no, i meant

take the last DTV app that actually recorded

(because you broke the recording, according to the forum post)

disable/bypass the UI

(because its broken and also rely on inconsistent EPG data anyway)

create the proposed UI that justs create or edit program recording times and does record the tv, calling/using the already wotking functions of recording the antenna tv shows

USING STANDARD ANDROID UI elements

no photoshop graphic design elements that take hours to do but already provided UI elements that have been working since the birth of the android platform or whatever basic graphic elements you already have for standard text dialogs!!!!!

(or use the elements already designed in the mygica UI, geeze, stop trying to look good, your shit doesnt even work right now! youre selling a car that doesnt have a steering wheel that works!)

make this A NEW APP that doesnt require us to entirely reconfigure our mygica OVER AND OVER

i call it tv recorder?

AND DONT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE FOR THIS DELIVERABLE! All your firmwares fix 2 things while breaking more!

THAT will resolve the issue, doesnt take 500 hours to do, and that doesnt rely on EPG guide you already know to be inconsistent!!

Thanks for the comments

I have put fixing DTV player on high priority now.

Will keep you guys updated.

Made the same mistake as Remi, updated the firmware to the latest version. EPG no longer works, Kodi won't start, getting frequent audio sync issues with OTA TV. :|

Bought this to replace the Homeworx OTA DVR that suddenly stopped working...considering trying them again, even if it takes a shit after a couple years.

Why can't anyone get these TV tuners right?

I just bought 586 for OTA PVR recording feature, however EPG doesn't work at all. I know I have very strong OTA signals, so I am wondering if there is a firmware upgrade/ or downgrade to get the EPG working? Thanks all for your helps!

Did the same mistake as others; updated to the latest firmware to find out that the EPG is not working anymore. Some follow up on the situation would be appreciated.

Something I noticed about EPG before upgrading (and that I didn't read on the forum) is that I could not record two consecutive programs. It seems that the software is considering the end time of the second one as overlapping on the starting time of the first one.

Also, if recording is set on a weekly basis, it won't work since the EPG data supplied from my local stations is only for a few days.

Sammysos, the short answer is: maybe.

The latest update makes the EPG mostly useless.

If you downgrade to 2 updates ago (from last Novermber I think) then the EPg works....sometimes.

But it all depends on your local stations sending out EPG data with the OTA signal. If your stations don't send data (or send inaccurate data) then you have no way to set a recording program. MyGica did not include any manual setting options.

For over a year, MyGica has been promising a fix to these problems, but has not delivered.

If you purchased your ATV586 recently, maybe you can still return it.

MAM

Thanks for feedback, I am wondering if anyone from Mygica is monitoring this forum. Is there any plan to fix EPG within 2 weeks?

If not, I'll return it for sure. There is no point having a TV tuner if we cannot schedule programs. I'd pay a little more and buy a Tablo.

Thanks for feedback, I am wondering if anyone from Mygica is monitoring this forum. Is there any plan to fix EPG within 2 weeks?

If not, I'll return it for sure. There is no point having a TV tuner if we cannot schedule programs. I'd pay a little more and buy a Tablo.

who is saying we do not monitor, we have already answered this question.

we have to bring it up to our dev team to find out why the EPG is not loading, it can be that time you pulled your channels or searched for your channels that servers where EPG is coming from being down. Which we have no control over it. its the Channel providers which running that.

mean time only thing we can do is to wait, if you wish to return the unit you are more then welcome and get your tablo.

EPG is working fine over OTA in my house, as many people in this forum said before the problem is your DTV player. So Let's stop putting the blame on servers.

Could you check with your developer if they are coming with a new version fixing EPG problem? If yes, when? That's all I need to know.

i know...wrong thread... in the laundry list of bugs EPG is top priority...but I am concerned by bindaredondat's reply that "mean time only thing we can do is wait". There is so much to work on...

Here is a small laundry list off the top of my head:

when you add an app to the quick launch bar (Netflix for example) on the main screen, it only stays for a limited time (1-8 weeks in my experience). then...poof.

sometimes when I turn off my MYGICA unit when running KODI, the next time I turn it on all I see is the mygica homescreen blacked out and only the OTA tv window viewable...there are no options but watching live OTA tv or doing a hard restart.

frequently from the homescreen when I select the KODI icon, it loads the KODI homescreen and lets me navigate for 5-10 seconds before randomly quitting KODI and going back to the MYGICA homeswcreen. I have to reload KODI 2-3 times before it properly loads.

OTA problems have been well documented with regard to lag and a non-working guide...no need to elaborate

the remote acts more like a universal remote with random behaviour and buttons not working. Why have some buttons that not only do not work, but make the whole system freeze for 10 seconds? the flip side QWERTY keyboard works well in some apps, but in some apps when you hit the FN button and a top key to make a number you get random characters.So frustrating.

All in all, this product has so much potential but acts like a product in an early beta stage.

Shame on you MYGICA for releasing this so soon before ironing out the kinks. Microsoft Windows has an insiders program where people opt in to test these things, and I have a feeling we MYGICA 586 users are uninvited 'insiders' to provide feedback for the next MYGICA box. I say this because communication has been minimal and delivering on bug complaints is just terrible. Terrible.

Are you going to fix this unequivocal beta box or take our feedback for the next gen box?

I've stood by you and this box for 8 months and have only seen promises of 'bringing it to the developers' and releasing new even more buggy firmware.

Is this it?

Finally I talked to the customer support dept. and they are aware of all bugs with DTV player and EPG, however they are not able to commit any release date for the new firmware, which usually means there is NO new firmware coming anytime soon. As the result, I am returning the unit back to Best Buy cause it doesn't work as is advertised.

Hi, I've just bought an ATV 586 DVB. I updated the firmware and now the home screen flickers all the time so I can't access anything with my remote. I've plugged in a USB mouse and managed to get into apps and the settings screen by clicking until it worked. But I can't think of how to fix this and can't even find quick boot to restore the device.

is it advantageous to install this update?

This should fix the EPG guide issue

However were still having issue with the channel info bar being wrong

1. Uninstall the current DTV Player APK that is installed on your ATV 586

2. Install the TV Service APK from the zip folder I uploaded

3. Install the DTV Player APK from the zip folder I uploaded

4. Do a re scan of your channels once both APKs are installed

You will need to manually install these apps using a SD card or USB drive.....

Let me know your feedback guys

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR ATSC ONLY.

Thanks

Justin

The "view first unread post" started giving a 404 error report the last few days. It used to work just fine, but not anymore. I havent tried yet in IE, but it does this with FireFox or SeaMonkey and it did work before with these browsers.

Good afternoon,

I was prompted to upgrade the firmware on my ATV586 from 20160516 to 20160518 or 19.  After the reboot, the box would not boot up. I restored the firmware to 20160513 because that is all I could find in your support section. 

Now the main (home) screen flickers and has lag when moving the selection using the directional pad. Also, when turning the box on, it appears that I have 3 items selected on the main (home) screen - watch tv (aerial), kodi and browser. Only after moving the selection using the pad do I see what is actually selected but sometimes the selection moves to a totally different shortcut altogether.

I would like to know if I could get links to download both 20160516 and 20160518 or 19? I would like to try the 18 or 19 firmware but if it is not to my liking, I will revert back to 20160516.

Also, are there any plans to upgrade the OS on the ATV586 from Android 4.4.2 to 5.0?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Good afternoon,

I was prompted to upgrade the firmware on my ATV586 from 20160516 to 20160518 or 19.  After the reboot, the box would not boot up. I restored the firmware to 20160513 because that is all I could find in your support section. 

Now the main (home) screen flickers and has lag when moving the selection using the directional pad. Also, when turning the box on, it appears that I have 3 items selected on the main (home) screen - watch tv (aerial), kodi and browser. Only after moving the selection using the pad do I see what is actually selected but sometimes the selection moves to a totally different shortcut altogether.

I would like to know if I could get links to download both 20160516 and 20160518 or 19? I would like to try the 18 or 19 firmware but if it is not to my liking, I will revert back to 20160516.

Also, are there any plans to upgrade the OS on the ATV586 from Android 4.4.2 to 5.0?

Thank you.

You can find the 0519 Download From here

http://update.mygica.com/OTA/MyGica/ATV586A/update_Mygica_ATV586A_4.4_20160519.zip

We currently have no plans to upgrade the OS version past Android 4.4.

Hi Justin,

I wanted to say thank you for the update.  However, I am having trouble upgrading my box.

I have tried going through the Upgrade feature on the box.  I have tried refreshing the list by pressing the menu button 8 times but I am still unable to see the files on either the SD card or the USB stick.

I have also tried going through recovery mode but the unit seems to crash and I am unable to select any of the options listed on the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by PolarBear
spelling correction

36 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Hi Justin,

I wanted to say thank you for the update.  However, I am having trouble upgrading my box.

I have tried going through the Upgrade feature on the box.  I have tried refreshing the list by pressing the menu button 8 times but I am still unable to see the files on either the SD card or the USB stick.

I have also tried going through recovery mode but the unit seems to crash and I am unable to select any of the options listed on the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can try the factory boot card files from here then

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=ATV586#Firmware_upgrades

Instruction video is there as well