Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pete999tete

Is having both Ethernet and Wifi turned on a problem?

Hi,

I've just set up an 1800e with a cat5 Ethernet cable. Everything works, I was watching Netflix on it last night. Netflix would pause movies occassionally, which surprised me, but I think I have figured out why. When I set up the 1800e, I also had a strong wifi signal since my Access Point is in the same room. So I clicked both options to turn on Ethernet and Wifi. I am guessing the MyGica may not like that? I also tried to stream shows from other sites and had the same experience, so it wasn't limited to Netflix.

After trying a number of different things, I finally turned off Wifi and just went with Ethernet. I have not seen the pausing since. Time will tell if this was indeed the solution since I have only watched for a total of an hour with Wifi off, but I was just wondering if this is a known issue with Android devices.

Thanks,

PT.

Hi,

I've just set up an 1800e with a cat5 Ethernet cable. Everything works, I was watching Netflix on it last night. Netflix would pause movies occassionally, which surprised me, but I think I have figured out why. When I set up the 1800e, I also had a strong wifi signal since my Access Point is in the same room. So I clicked both options to turn on Ethernet and Wifi. I am guessing the MyGica may not like that? I also tried to stream shows from other sites and had the same experience, so it wasn't limited to Netflix.

After trying a number of different things, I finally turned off Wifi and just went with Ethernet. I have not seen the pausing since. Time will tell if this was indeed the solution since I have only watched for a total of an hour with Wifi off, but I was just wondering if this is a known issue with Android devices.

Thanks,

PT.

Hi PT

Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz Wi-Fi?

here's a couple of suggestions:

1) I would try 5Ghz if your not using it already

2) Download Wi-Fi Analyzer on the google playstore to determine the best Wi-Fi channel. http://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/

Cheers