Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sid little

recommended box for Kodi, with component out?

As title, looking for the most compatible box to work with kodi, that must also be a model with component out.

thanks.

We do not have any boxes with Component out.

Our ATV 1200 used to have this, but stopped working once we updated to Android 4.2

Have you ever tried a HDMI to Component video cable converter?

From what I've read, the basic/cheap leads you see advertised (hdmi --> component) simply don't work. Not sure on a few 'box' converter's I've seen, but they seem to only do component --> hdmi anyway.

What about this model?

http://www.geniatech.com/pa/atv1600.asp

Your probably right, most converters only do component to HDMI not the other way around.

I do not know enough about these types of conversion cables to really comment anymore on it.

ATV 1600 is a model mainly used for Business to Business customers, Digital Signage companies and customers with older legacy boxes like to use HDMI IN. However based on the pictures they have posted for the 1600, those are wrong. Those pics are actually ATV 1200.

Because the pic do not show HDMI Input.

So I doubt the actual ATV 1600 has Component.

Also a model like this would only be made to order, as far as I know there are no retail companies selling this model.

Well, don't suppose you know of any other android box capable of running kodi, with component out?. Probably a very rare, maybe extinct beast I know.

Sorry but I cannot think of any other box that has component.

Our 1200 was one of the only ones with this feature, but lost support for it on Android after 4.2 OS.

So you will only see HDMI out now, since this is the industry standard for Video/Audio output.