Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JKwan

Kodi with both PassThru and Stereo

I've have my box setup with HDMI PassThru with sound. However, when I tried to have my sound send to my stereo, I get garbled sound. Can I have the 1800 with both PassThru and Stereo setup? When the family is asleep, I wanted to use my headphones instead. If I cannot have both setup, how do I switch between the two setups? I don't see setup on the settings to use RCA jacks.... Or do I not select PassThru and this gives me Stereo?

I currently running the latest firmware and Kodi. Thanks.

By the way, if I play MP3, music does come from both my sound bar and my stereo. If I play movies, sound get garbled up with the stereo.

I've have my box setup with HDMI PassThru with sound. However, when I tried to have my sound send to my stereo, I get garbled sound. Can I have the 1800 with both PassThru and Stereo setup? When the family is asleep, I wanted to use my headphones instead. If I cannot have both setup, how do I switch between the two setups? I don't see setup on the settings to use RCA jacks.... Or do I not select PassThru and this gives me Stereo?

I currently running the latest firmware and Kodi. Thanks.

Are you trying to get sound out of the AV port while using HDMI for the video?

If so, this is not possible.

Best option would be is to plug in the HDMI cable to your Stereo receiver and then connect headphones to the stereo receiver.

If I am wrong about what i wrote above, just let me know.

Or you can also use Bluetooth headphones and connect them to the 1800. Sound will then only come through the headphones.

Justin:

Yes, that is what I wanted to do, HDMI and AV port running together, not possible, oh well.

Is there anyway that I can configure to use AV port? This way, I can switch between AV and HDMI. I don't recall seeing that option.

So, Bluetooth.... what about a USB headphone? My stereo does not have HDMI input, only RCA (really old).

Justin:

Yes, that is what I wanted to do, HDMI and AV port running together, not possible, oh well.

Is there anyway that I can configure to use AV port? This way, I can switch between AV and HDMI. I don't recall seeing that option.

So, Bluetooth.... what about a USB headphone? My stereo does not have HDMI input, only RCA (really old).

AV Port will work

Just need to unplug HDMI and then reboot the box

It should boot into RCA after this.

You can try a USB headphone, I have never used one of these before. So not sure if it will work.

I use Bluetooth headphones all the time for watching stuff late at night.

You can also use a bluetooth speaker as well if you want

Ebay, Alibaba and Amazon all have cheap options for Bluetooth headphones or Speakers if your not interested in getting brand name.