admin1477960187

MyGica ATV1200 latest firmware

I have a few questions..

I am running a 4.1.2.firmware,on mygica ATV1200.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham

I have two issues that have popped up in the last two weeks

1- Each time i press the power on the remote -it does not go into standby mode, ( now a red right)- so I have to reboot

2- Every day I have lose the wifi signal- I have checked with my ISP- and there is no issue with the router- wifi analyser

also shows around -60 on the meter, I have to unplug the Router and then re-plug for the ATV to detect the router and

get connected.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.

Dane

Thanks

I have a few questions..

I am running a 4.1.2.firmware,on mygica ATV1200.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham

I have two issues that have popped up in the last two weeks

1- Each time i press the power on the remote -it does not go into standby mode, ( now a red right)- so I have to reboot

2- Every day I have lose the wifi signal- I have checked with my ISP- and there is no issue with the router- wifi analyser

also shows around -60 on the meter, I have to unplug the Router and then re-plug for the ATV to detect the router and

get connected.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.

Dane

Thanks

Try doing an upgrade to Android 4.2.2

Can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1691

This should fix the issues you are having.

I have 4.2.2 I 2 boxes now I find it in stable both boxes freeze if left on with xbmc on overnight

Sorry do you mean you find it un stable?

Downloading through your link I get two winzip files once i unzip it The update spi-mx 20130805 and an Update MYGICA 1200- 20131102- However the video states 5 files ...... I am to only add the two winzip files to the SD CARD before i load it to the MYGICA-Please advise

Yes unstable

Can you please elaborate more as to why it is unstable?

Have not really gotten this feedback from anyone running 4.2 on a ATV 1200

Hi, Is possible for the developers to provide a 4.1 version with bug fixes? I would like to upgrade and have the fixes however, if I do I will lose Component Video. Since this is the main reason I purchased this box, and cannot do without, it has now left me with a product with bugs that will never be fixed. I don't know the reason why component can no longer be supported and don't care as I would be very happy to keep 4.1 with the same level of support that is now being provided for 4.2. Looks like I have bought a dinosaur... too bad.

Hi, Is possible for the developers to provide a 4.1 version with bug fixes? I would like to upgrade and have the fixes however, if I do I will lose Component Video. Since this is the main reason I purchased this box, and cannot do without, it has now left me with a product with bugs that will never be fixed. I don't know the reason why component can no longer be supported and don't care as I would be very happy to keep 4.1 with the same level of support that is now being provided for 4.2. Looks like I have bought a dinosaur... too bad.

Sorry but we do not have plans to upgrade 4.1 files, as we have made the recent upgrade to 4.2 and will be working with this version of Android.

And we cannot make component video work, as 4.2 will not support it.

This is like buying a new car with air conditioning and only later finding out that fixing some operating issues with the car means that you will no longer have air conditioning anymore. Not sure too many consumers would be happy with that.

The box was advertized with features and taking them away for whatever reason, should be avoided. It is simply that the developers don't want to spend the time with fixes for 4.1 so many of us can keep the features we paid for.... If I had known this at the time of purchase, I wouldn't have bought the product. I'm not a happy camper.....

This is like buying a new car with air conditioning and only later finding out that fixing some operating issues with the car means that you will no longer have air conditioning anymore. Not sure too many consumers would be happy with that.

The box was advertized with features and taking them away for whatever reason, should be avoided. It is simply that the developers don't want to spend the time with fixes for 4.1 so many of us can keep the features we paid for.... If I had known this at the time of purchase, I wouldn't have bought the product. I'm not a happy camper.....

Sorry that you feel this way . However we have had the discussion with the factory and its engineers prior to releasing the 4.2 upgrade on our dual core models, and there was no way to make component video work. Our new batches of ATV 1200 coming in the fall will no longer have component video on them.

Can you let me know which bugs you were experiencing on 4.1? So maybe I can go to the engineers to ask for a fix.

Let me know

Hi Justin, To put it plainly, I would like all bug fixes or improvements that are not as a result of moving to 4.2 OS, so if the bug was a result of 4.1 operation, then I can't expect to get it fixed. My main complaints with the unit are related to the external keyboard operation with XBMC, this drives me nuts. Also, the remote control doesn't always turn the box off. I believe that these both have been addressed in the 4.2 release. The upgrade of Netflix APP to better support IR remotes would be nice. Oh and the remote won't let you scroll using the -> and <- buttons in the XBMC main screen, like moving left or right to change from Music to Video. Likely this is fixed also?

Thanks, FBN

Hi Justin, To put it plainly, I would like all bug fixes or improvements that are not as a result of moving to 4.2 OS, so if the bug was a result of 4.1 operation, then I can't expect to get it fixed. My main complaints with the unit are related to the external keyboard operation with XBMC, this drives me nuts. Also, the remote control doesn't always turn the box off. I believe that these both have been addressed in the 4.2 release. The upgrade of Netflix APP to better support IR remotes would be nice. Oh and the remote won't let you scroll using the -> and <- buttons in the XBMC main screen, like moving left or right to change from Music to Video. Likely this is fixed also?

Thanks, FBN

Preety much all of the bugs you just listed were updated and fixed on 4.2.

The netflix app was not something we did, we are just using an older version of the netflix app which we have found works best with an IR remote, however if you happen to take an update to the latest one available in the play store, then you will no longer have good use of the IR remote.

As you see I'm stuck with the old bugs, only because I need a feature which was standard in the box I purchased and now is no longer supported.... doesn't seem right to me. I think that the developers should at least get the main issues with the previous version resolved before abandoning all the users out there which still need component video. Over time the need for component will decrease as these users buy new TVs, switchers, etc. and at that time these users can upgrade to get the full benefits of the 4.2 OS release... but I get the feeling we have been left high and dry.... too bad for us.

FBN

Justin, Would it be possible to provide the Netflix app which has been found to work the best with the IR remote? I'm thinking it could be posted as a download here as an apk.

FBN

Justin, Would it be possible to provide the Netflix app which has been found to work the best with the IR remote? I'm thinking it could be posted as a download here as an apk.

FBN

Here you go

Just extract it from the zip file. And you can load it onto your using a SD card or USB drive.

You will have to uninstall the version you have on there right now, and make sure to have auto update apps turned off in your Play Store account, otherwise the latest netflix app from the Play Store will update over this one

com.netflix.mediaclient.zip

Hello,

i have install a MX_LINUX-Gotham XBMC 13.0 on my ATV1200. And J can not wipe this install !

I have a SD-Card FAT32 with all files from the MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip, and hold the Upgrade Button 10 Seconds.

The update via SD card does not work. The BOX boot into the XBMC.

Daterdater...

Hi,

I managed to get out to install the update.

I miss BLUETOOTH, and not all USB Hard Drive function.

And the screen resolution is not FULL HD.

Apps can not be ibstalliert to the SD-card.

If I would value by Google, only one star !!!

DaterDater....

Hello,

i have install a MX_LINUX-Gotham XBMC 13.0 on my ATV1200. And J can not wipe this install !

I have a SD-Card FAT32 with all files from the MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip, and hold the Upgrade Button 10 Seconds.

The update via SD card does not work. The BOX boot into the XBMC.

Daterdater...

You need to find the revert to android files first, before you can go to 4.2 upgrade.

I had this problem myself when I was testing Linux Gotham version myself.

I will try and find them on my PC, and upload them for you to use.

Question about ATV1200: Maybe someone knows how to turn on/off hardware accelleration in this box (Android 4.1)?

Why would you want to do that?

Just to test video playback (audio/video sync) in various apps

Hardware acceleration is usually app related

If you want to test video playback I would suggest using MX Video Player, since you can turn on/off Hardware acceleration easily with this app.