Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeyjey

hdmi-cec

I am searching for devices that can suspend the monitor and put it in stanby state, and after some hours it must turn the monitor on and play a video. This is a kiosk application. Please can anyone knows a list of devices with this feature? Thanks.

I am searching for devices that can suspend the monitor and put it in stanby state, and after some hours it must turn the monitor on and play a video. This is a kiosk application. Please can anyone knows a list of devices with this feature? Thanks.

Our 582, 1800 both support HDMI CEC.

However to implement this you would have to build your APK in order to do this.

We would also have to share our HDMI CEC API with you to do this.

However we only share it with a signed agreement between both parties.

Hi, thanks for the help. There is an app that do that. I am in touch with them and they told me that I would need an hotel tv, and an android device (tv-box) to lounch the video. I would like to send you the link: http://www.burningthumb.com/apps/video-kiosk/. This app works with the HDMI-CEC service of the android devices. We are near to solve all. I need to know if it would work with your device. Please help me to create an android kiosk. It seems to be rare in the world this kind of self made kiosk! Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the help. There is an app that do that. I am in touch with them and they told me that I would need an hotel tv, and an android device (tv-box) to lounch the video. I would like to send you the link: http://www.burningthumb.com/apps/video-kiosk/. This app works with the HDMI-CEC service of the android devices. We are near to solve all. I need to know if it would work with your device. Please help me to create an android kiosk. It seems to be rare in the world this kind of self made kiosk! Thanks.

Most of our models support HDMI CEC.

So that app should work with our boxes.

One of my customers uses our boxes for a Kiosk right now as well

http://esprida.com/technologies/kiosk/

They use it for self checkout for an Alcohol Self Checkout kiosk inside grocery stores and convenience stores within the USA.

Hi Guys,

I'm the developer of Video Kiosk and just "supporting" HDMI-CEC is not enough. You also need to implement the HAL for the HDMI-CEC Control Service (https://source.android.com/devices/tv/HDMI-CEC.html) and support Android v6 since Android v5 does not provide the support required to issue CEC SendStandby. Finally, Video Kiosk needs to be installed as a system App since the Android security model restricts sending of CEC commands to system Apps. Its a pretty big puzzle and so far the only TV box I am aware of that has all the parts to the puzzle is the nVidia Shield TV with developer firmware installed.

Having said all that, if you have a proprietary CEC interface I can, of course, integrate that into Video Kiosk. Please contact me burningthumb at gmail dot com if you would like to work together to solve this problem.

Yes. It should be a very big evolution. The Digital Signage needs to have a cheap device and a good App. The Chinese manifacturer of the tv-box must understand this business niche and dis business needed. For example I cannot spend 5000 dollars to buy a complete kiosk, but I can spend 200 dollars to build up by myself. I definitively buy a spart tv that will do the job with 200 dollars. It will the Samsung smart-tv that has a good firmware: it provides the turn on and turn off function at the desired time; and it provides the looping function on an external device as USB pendrive. At the end: 800 euros the Armagard LCD enclosure; 200 euros the TV = 1000 euros I have a fully automated kiosk. I have to make the video .... but I am a video maker. Thanks to you all!

I bought this product. This product is fully compatible with HDMI-CEC. The product is: THIS. I will try to do all. But it should be good to have a tv-box and an app to fully manage the multimedia contents by this tv/monitor. If you have suggestions or products that will work with this screen, please, send me some links. Thanks to all friends.

Hi Guys,

I'm the developer of Video Kiosk and just "supporting" HDMI-CEC is not enough. You also need to implement the HAL for the HDMI-CEC Control Service (https://source.android.com/devices/tv/HDMI-CEC.html) and support Android v6 since Android v5 does not provide the support required to issue CEC SendStandby. Finally, Video Kiosk needs to be installed as a system App since the Android security model restricts sending of CEC commands to system Apps. Its a pretty big puzzle and so far the only TV box I am aware of that has all the parts to the puzzle is the nVidia Shield TV with developer firmware installed.

Having said all that, if you have a proprietary CEC interface I can, of course, integrate that into Video Kiosk. Please contact me burningthumb at gmail dot com if you would like to work together to solve this problem.

Our ATV 495 Pro and 1930 using the S905X chipset both have Android 6.0

However they are not fully to market yet.

We have CEC APIs for our boxes as well.

I will have samples of these in a few weeks, so I am willing to try your app if you would like to share it with me.

These will be a much cheaper solution over Nvida Shield TV.