Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

austenpowers

KR53 Air Mouse power button not working

Hi,

I recently purchased a KR-53 (or KR53 Air Mouse) to upgrade my remote. However, i have noticed that the red power button on the top left of the remote does not work when trying to standby or reboot my ATV582 Gica box. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround (other than having to use 2 remotes)?

Tks,

Todd

If the remote doesn't have IR functionality, you won't be able to use it to turn the box on and off. Pain the butt, I know. I have to keep the factory remote nearby simply to power on/off.

Justin mentioned previously that they'll be adding a power off/standby button to the main menu - but that's not going to help with powering on.

Hi,

I recently purchased a KR-53 (or KR53 Air Mouse) to upgrade my remote. However, i have noticed that the red power button on the top left of the remote does not work when trying to standby or reboot my ATV582 Gica box. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround (other than having to use 2 remotes)?

Tks,

Todd

This is because the KR53 air mouse remote has a different IR remote code for the power button.

Only work around is to use 2 remotes.

Actually, i've found an even "better" (I think?) workaround. I was able to program the "TV/AV" button to use as the Power ON/OFF button, and it works perfectly. Of course, that's not much good to you if you are using the "TV/AV" button (which i am not)... and it works like a charm.

Unfortunate this remote uses a different IR remote code for the power button... though i suppose it was designed to work with older versions of this product.

Tks for the helpful replies though... appreciate it. Ever since this WiFi disconnect issue has cleared, i've been using this box regularly now... it's a good product (when it works) :)

Actually, i've found an even "better" (I think?) workaround. I was able to program the "TV/AV" button to use as the Power ON/OFF button, and it works perfectly. Of course, that's not much good to you if you are using the "TV/AV" button (which i am not)... and it works like a charm.

Unfortunate this remote uses a different IR remote code for the power button... though i suppose it was designed to work with older versions of this product.

Tks for the helpful replies though... appreciate it. Ever since this WiFi disconnect issue has cleared, i've been using this box regularly now... it's a good product (when it works) :)

The remotes IR code on your remote for the power button uses a different one not used on MyGicas anymore since our Dual Core models.

We switched to a different IR code when we came out with our Quad Core models.

The place you bought it from must have just had old stock of this remote

Yes, it is likely older stock... however, it is still much better (more useful, IMHO) than the stock remote. And with the workaround i've used, it serves my purposes quite nicely.

Tks,

Todd

Yes, it is likely older stock... however, it is still much better (more useful, IMHO) than the stock remote. And with the workaround i've used, it serves my purposes quite nicely.

Tks,

Todd

Ok it is good that you like the remote.

Air mouse remotes definitely make using the box much easier.

I also have an air mouse which works perfectly up until recently where the programmed power button loses its program and can no longer switch on my kodi box

Seems like it forgets its program every time ???