Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellome7

Problem with detecting a TV... Help!

Hey!

I'm having a hard time trying to make my Mygica HD CAP X to work with my 1080p Sony TV to record my PC. The thing is like this:

When I connect my PC to the CAP X with a DVI-to-HDMI cable (my GPU doesn't have any HDMI output, only DVIs) and the CAP X to the TV with an HDMI-to-HDMI cable, I get like no signal on my TV BUT I'm able can record the screen (I mean I press the "REC" button and I the device records normally). However, when I connect the HD CAP to my father's PC with an HDMI-to-HDMI cable and the CAP X to the monitor, it works, there's video output!

What's wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

Gonzalo.

Hey!

I'm having a hard time trying to make my Mygica HD CAP X to work with my 1080p Sony TV to record my PC. The thing is like this:

When I connect my PC to the CAP X with a DVI-to-HDMI cable (my GPU doesn't have any HDMI output, only DVIs) and the CAP X to the TV with an HDMI-to-HDMI cable, I get like no signal on my TV BUT I'm able can record the screen (I mean I press the "REC" button and I the device records normally). However, when I connect the HD CAP to my father's PC with an HDMI-to-HDMI cable and the CAP X to the monitor, it works, there's video output!

What's wrong?

Thanks a bunch.

Gonzalo.

Is what your trying to record coming from a cable box or satellite receiver?

Sounds like maybe an HDCP key issue with encrypted content.