Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

feedoy

Resolution Problem

Hi,

I have my ATV520E set to output at 1080p @ 60 Hz. My TV validates that it is at 1080. When I launch XBMC, XBMC System Info tells me the resolution it is outputting is 1280x720, which is not 1080p. I also cannot change the resolution setting in XBMC This occurred with 4.1.2 and XBMC 12.2 and now with 4.2 and XBMC 13.1. Is there something I am missing?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have my ATV520E set to output at 1080p @ 60 Hz. My TV validates that it is at 1080. When I launch XBMC, XBMC System Info tells me the resolution it is outputting is 1280x720, which is not 1080p. I also cannot change the resolution setting in XBMC This occurred with 4.1.2 and XBMC 12.2 and now with 4.2 and XBMC 13.1. Is there something I am missing?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

This is due to the 520E firmware being built on a 720P Kernel, and will only upscale to 1080P

You are not doing anything wrong on your end.

We are working on having a 1080P kernel firmware file being built for our Dual Core models on 4.2, however do not have a time frame for this at this time.

I'm running into the same problem with my 1200 box with the 4.2.2 update with kodi. I used the 20150208_kr43.img. I assumed I had to do this 1080p firmward update but the video shows only how to do it on the 400 box. I assume the principal is the same. However when I get into the reset screen to scroll down to wipe user data, it doesn't recognize my remote to move up and down. Any thoughts.

I'm running into the same problem with my 1200 box with the 4.2.2 update with kodi. I used the 20150208_kr43.img. I assumed I had to do this 1080p firmward update but the video shows only how to do it on the 400 box. I assume the principal is the same. However when I get into the reset screen to scroll down to wipe user data, it doesn't recognize my remote to move up and down. Any thoughts.

Try plugging in a USB keyboard into your box when in the recovery screen.

I would no longer suggest this update though, since it is outdated.

the problem I have is that the version of Kodi 14.1 I believe is showing 720p. the window list is greyed out and I can't change it. The home settings show that I'm at 1080p but kodi doesn't recognize it. Should I upgrade the Kodi version and what is the latest version that I should install on the 1200 that is safe and would that resolve my issue?

I'm doing this from memory, but if I remember correctly...

1. Android 4.1.2 would only allow you to go to Kodi 14.2. Any higher and it simply wouldn't load.

2. 4.2.2 will give you 15.2 easily. That's what I'm running on one of my 1200s now. Runs well for what most people use Kodi for. Not sure about the 1080p because I haven't looked into it.

Thanks for the advice. It worked. Just to advise folks. If you are still using Kodi 4.1, the Default resolution will be 720p. It will not recognize your 1080p settings. I didn't upgrade to 14.2. As per wjw I upgraded to 15.2 and see that Kodi recognizes my 1080 TV and is using that resolution giving me better picture quality.

THanks

Android 4.2 also supports KODI 16.1

So you can try upgrading to that version as well.

Newer versions of KODI only support Android 4.2 and higher.

So if your running Android 4.1, you can only use older versions of KODI