Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

talkingcommunities

A681 No Channels, no device, crash, etc

First tried on my laptop (Windows 10). Using the supplied ArcSoft TotalMedia 3.5 SW (version3.5.7.282). When scanning for TV channels, it gets about half way through (with no channels showing up) and then crashes.

Tried using NextPVR instead and it scans all the channels fine, but the drivers won't work (just black screen and no sound).

Then tried on a brand new desktop (Windows 10). It finishes the scan, but finds no channels (tried both Antenna and Cable options). When I try going to the "Video" and using "Capture" it displays a message "The device cannot be detected or is not supported".

When I try "Radio", it says "No radio card has been found. Please check your device".

I Looked under device manager and it shows up under "Sound, video, and game controllers" as "ATSC USB Stick", so it looks like driver is installed correctly.

One final note: I see signal strength at full (5 bars), but then drops to nothing as soon as I hit scan. I am testing the desktop in the basement, so it could be a signal issue, but I would expect it to pick up at least a couple of the 70+ channels available under the worst conditions.

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. ***

First tried on my laptop (Windows 10). Using the supplied ArcSoft TotalMedia 3.5 SW (version3.5.7.282). When scanning for TV channels, it gets about half way through (with no channels showing up) and then crashes.

Tried using NextPVR instead and it scans all the channels fine, but the drivers won't work (just black screen and no sound).

Then tried on a brand new desktop (Windows 10). It finishes the scan, but finds no channels (tried both Antenna and Cable options). When I try going to the "Video" and using "Capture" it displays a message "The device cannot be detected or is not supported".

When I try "Radio", it says "No radio card has been found. Please check your device".

I Looked under device manager and it shows up under "Sound, video, and game controllers" as "ATSC USB Stick", so it looks like driver is installed correctly.

One final note: I see signal strength at full (5 bars), but then drops to nothing as soon as I hit scan. I am testing the desktop in the basement, so it could be a signal issue, but I would expect it to pick up at least a couple of the 70+ channels available under the worst conditions.

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. ***

Are you using the Antenna that comes with it?

Yes, I was using the antenna that came with it, but also tried another indoor antenna I had attached to my TV.

UPDATE: I used NextPVR on the desktop (High-end gaming CPU). It scanned and played live TV just fine. Surprisingly, I then tried scanning with TotalMedia, and all the channels magically appeared. I will be trying on another desktop (Dell 755 with older Nvidia card). This is the one I actually intend to use as the DVR/TV. Hopefully I will be able to get either NextPVR/Kodi to work or the TotalMedia to work on that desktop as well. If so, then all is good. If not, I will update again.

Yes, I was using the antenna that came with it, but also tried another indoor antenna I had attached to my TV.

UPDATE: I used NextPVR on the desktop (High-end gaming CPU). It scanned and played live TV just fine. Surprisingly, I then tried scanning with TotalMedia, and all the channels magically appeared. I will be trying on another desktop (Dell 755 with older Nvidia card). This is the one I actually intend to use as the DVR/TV. Hopefully I will be able to get either NextPVR/Kodi to work or the TotalMedia to work on that desktop as well. If so, then all is good. If not, I will update again.

Ok that makes more sense

We are actually removing that antenna from future packaging due to poor performance

Let me know how more testing goes

Thanks

On 2017年10月7日 19:16:21 at 7:16 PM, Forrest532 said:

hundred to sort which are extremely disappointing machine liker apk access to token. Rises like for your images.

Hi,

If you have any problem with our product, please send more information to us, we will try our best to help you.