Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glynis

Difficulty finding a settled connection

I have been using my ATV400 for many a year without any problem whatsoever. However, recently I decided to move the unit to my upstairs TV and therein begins the problem. It finds the wi-fi connection but will not connect. It goes round and round, authorising, saved secure, looking for connection etc, but never settling on the connection. Thinking perhaps it had bit the dust I took it back downstairs connected it up to my downstairs TV and bingo, connected straight away as per usual. I use an extender for my upstairs wi-fi connection, perhaps that's the problem, although my laptop seems to work perfectly fine without hitch. I have a fibre connection and my download speed is 100mbs so cant think it's that. Anyway any help and assistance would be really appreciated.

Cheers and thanks from

Glynis

I have been using my ATV400 for many a year without any problem whatsoever. However, recently I decided to move the unit to my upstairs TV and therein begins the problem. It finds the wi-fi connection but will not connect. It goes round and round, authorising, saved secure, looking for connection etc, but never settling on the connection. Thinking perhaps it had bit the dust I took it back downstairs connected it up to my downstairs TV and bingo, connected straight away as per usual. I use an extender for my upstairs wi-fi connection, perhaps that's the problem, although my laptop seems to work perfectly fine without hitch. I have a fibre connection and my download speed is 100mbs so cant think it's that. Anyway any help and assistance would be really appreciated.

Cheers and thanks from

Glynis

Does the extender us a different SSID upstairs then the connection your using downstairs?

What I mean are they 2 different Wifi Named connections?

Well no that is to say the extender extends the signal which I use for my laptops downstairs and upstairs if that's what you mean. Also I have a laptop upstairs which works perfectly well with the help of the extender.

Well no that is to say the extender extends the signal which I use for my laptops downstairs and upstairs if that's what you mean. Also I have a laptop upstairs which works perfectly well with the help of the extender.

Are you able to login to this wifi extender to change settings on it?

Not really, I just plug the extender TP Link, into the wall press the wlan button on the modem, press the button on the TP Link and it automatically searches for the wi fi connection which it does in approx 30/40 seconds.

Not really, I just plug the extender TP Link, into the wall press the wlan button on the modem, press the button on the TP Link and it automatically searches for the wi fi connection which it does in approx 30/40 seconds.

I remember a few years ago that the 400's had an issue working with all Wifi Routers using Wifi channel 8-12

So unfortunately this sounds like that exact issue.

That is why I asked if you could login to the extender to make some changes to it.