Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric72

MyGica ATV1200 not responding properly

Except for the odd auto reboots, I haven't had any issues with my AT1200 for the last 3 years. Till last night, I've been watching some shows earlier that day, with no issues. Came home then watched a movie (a video file streaming from my Mac). Half way through the movie, I went to pause to take a bathroom break. But the remote that came with the unit, wasn't responding. Thought the batteries had drained, so I replaced them with a new one. No go. I used the air mouse I bought along with the unit, the cursor moved around on the screen as it should, but that's it. Hitting buttons didn't bring up the control panels. So I decided to do a hard reboot. Unit started ok, main screen came up. Using the air mouse again, I see the cursor moving, but when I hit the OK button, the unit wasn't responding, not click on any of the remotes would work. I did another hard reboot, and everything came up ok again, I even managed to click on one of default folders on screen. But under Favorites, all the apps I had in there were gone. I went to another folder where the apps came up, but clicking on the apps did nothing. It's like the remotes are working find, but hitting OK doesn't do anything. I can't click on any app to launch it. Not sure what is going on here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping I won't have to do a hard reset, and then install all apps, settings, and plugins (for Kodi) all over again.

Note: I haven't updated the OS since I bought it 3 years ago. Didn't have an available update in the first 2 years, and I just stopped looking for one. If I have to do a hard reset, can I use the menu that comes up to update the current OS in my unit?

Except for the odd auto reboots, I haven't had any issues with my AT1200 for the last 3 years. Till last night, I've been watching some shows earlier that day, with no issues. Came home then watched a movie (a video file streaming from my Mac). Half way through the movie, I went to pause to take a bathroom break. But the remote that came with the unit, wasn't responding. Thought the batteries had drained, so I replaced them with a new one. No go. I used the air mouse I bought along with the unit, the cursor moved around on the screen as it should, but that's it. Hitting buttons didn't bring up the control panels. So I decided to do a hard reboot. Unit started ok, main screen came up. Using the air mouse again, I see the cursor moving, but when I hit the OK button, the unit wasn't responding, not click on any of the remotes would work. I did another hard reboot, and everything came up ok again, I even managed to click on one of default folders on screen. But under Favorites, all the apps I had in there were gone. I went to another folder where the apps came up, but clicking on the apps did nothing. It's like the remotes are working find, but hitting OK doesn't do anything. I can't click on any app to launch it. Not sure what is going on here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping I won't have to do a hard reset, and then install all apps, settings, and plugins (for Kodi) all over again.

Note: I haven't updated the OS since I bought it 3 years ago. Didn't have an available update in the first 2 years, and I just stopped looking for one. If I have to do a hard reset, can I use the menu that comes up to update the current OS in my unit?

Are you able to connect a USB mouse or Keyboard?

To see if that will work, if it does then it sounds like your remote control is no longer working.