Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wuzizname

Run XBMC from microsd card

Hey guys, I'm loving my enjoy TV box bit is a bit slow to index and run xbmc, also worried about eating up the internal storage.

I have a high speed 16 GB micro SD card but can't get the xbmc app to move to the bigger card, even with root access and apps to move it.

I hear speed will be much improved running it off its own SD card. Do you have some insight into this? Or perhaps even storing the library and cache on the SD card?

Thanks!

I have the 520e enjoytv box.

Hey guys, I'm loving my enjoy TV box bit is a bit slow to index and run xbmc, also worried about eating up the internal storage.

I have a high speed 16 GB micro SD card but can't get the xbmc app to move to the bigger card, even with root access and apps to move it.

I hear speed will be much improved running it off its own SD card. Do you have some insight into this? Or perhaps even storing the library and cache on the SD card?

Thanks!

I have the 520e enjoytv box.

Sorry but for now I have only seen this being offered on the Linux version of XBMC.

On 05/08/2014 at 1:25 PM, Justin said:

You can find Linux versions here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180446

I would suggest only using Version 3, as the wifi on your 520E will not work on Version 1 or 2, since they were developed on the ATV 400 and 1200 which use a different wifi module.

Hi Justin, I wanted to follow up on this, I still have my Mygica 520e box and recently moved it up to the bedroom after buying a new mygica 4k box for the main tv room :)

The 520E is now getting really slow and I wanted to ask is it possible to flash OpenElec or LibreElec on it or some other jeOS linux w/ Kodi so I can update to latest kodi and still get good performance from this old unit? The link you sent me before has a slew of model names and numbers that I can't really make sense of - do you have any updated resources or advice?

Thanks as always.

4 hours ago, Wuzizname said:

Hi Justin, I wanted to follow up on this, I still have my Mygica 520e box and recently moved it up to the bedroom after buying a new mygica 4k box for the main tv room :)

The 520E is now getting really slow and I wanted to ask is it possible to flash OpenElec or LibreElec on it or some other jeOS linux w/ Kodi so I can update to latest kodi and still get good performance from this old unit? The link you sent me before has a slew of model names and numbers that I can't really make sense of - do you have any updated resources or advice?

Thanks as always.

The 520E is using an older Dual Core chipset

I don't think Librelec or Openelec supports this chipset anymore, same with Team Ember.

I do

16 minutes ago, Justin said:

I do

Thanks for the reply. So do you have any recommendations to run a lightweight Kodi install on this, is it possible to flash the 520e w/ a jeOS linux with Kodi?

On 7/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, Wuzizname said:

Thanks for the reply. So do you have any recommendations to run a lightweight Kodi install on this, is it possible to flash the 520e w/ a jeOS linux with Kodi?

Sorry but I do not have any recommendations to run a newer version of Kodi on your 520E

The issue is, support for that chipset stopped in 2014, and no third party developers even support it anymore.

You can check the XDA Developers forum to see if there is any support for the Amlogic  8726-M Chipset.

On 17/07/2017 at 11:36 AM, Justin said:

Sorry but I do not have any recommendations to run a newer version of Kodi on your 520E

The issue is, support for that chipset stopped in 2014, and no third party developers even support it anymore.

You can check the XDA Developers forum to see if there is any support for the Amlogic  8726-M Chipset.

OK thanks for all your help and suggestions all the same!

2 hours ago, Wuzizname said:

OK thanks for all your help and suggestions all the same!

Ok no problem

Let me know if you have anymore questions

Thanks