Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edit4ever

ATV1950A firmware...

Nick or Justin-

I am currently testing an ATV1950A and wondering how to locate a firmware file. I realize that this is still a pre-release box running alpha or beta software, but in trying to troubleshoot, I'd like to be able to look at the kernel or at the very least, have a firmware I can reload if trouble arises.

Thanks!

Nick or Justin-

I am currently testing an ATV1950A and wondering how to locate a firmware file. I realize that this is still a pre-release box running alpha or beta software, but in trying to troubleshoot, I'd like to be able to look at the kernel or at the very least, have a firmware I can reload if trouble arises.

Thanks!

I have gone through 3 different samples so far due to Tuner Sensitivity issues since it is a Dual Tuner.

Just got a newer one today actually.

I have not been given any firmware yet as it comes pre installed on the boxes I am using. So therefore I cannot share anything with you since I don't have it.

Thanks for the info.

From what I can tell - based on the other boxes I have that are running different tuners...the ATV1950A needs a better than 65% reception signal to remain locked. Most of my other boxes boxes can lock steady with a 50% signal. Certainly the dual tuner has an impact on the signal strength - but the quality of the tuner and firmware makes a difference here.

Also, it seems it does not cope with the signal dropouts well at all - often causing the buffer to completely scramble or lock out. That part is definitely a coding issue as there are ways to smoothly handle frame drops when the data stream is not locked.

As a comparison, I have an M8S+ (S812 chip with 2G ram) with an attached usb tuner that is fast and stable running LibreELEC. It can keep a signal locked at 50% and has no issue dealing with signal drops. I'm hoping to test the LE setup on the ATV1950 - but want to make sure I have the correct uboot and other files necessary. Hopefully we can get our hands on an android firmware file as that will contain what we need for compiling a compatible LE release.

As an aside - what remote are you using with the ATV1950? The last box I received only had the smaller remote and without the larger one with the colored buttons - the DTV app is not able to be used for setting up recordings.

Thanks for the info.

From what I can tell - based on the other boxes I have that are running different tuners...the ATV1950A needs a better than 65% reception signal to remain locked. Most of my other boxes boxes can lock steady with a 50% signal. Certainly the dual tuner has an impact on the signal strength - but the quality of the tuner and firmware makes a difference here.

Also, it seems it does not cope with the signal dropouts well at all - often causing the buffer to completely scramble or lock out. That part is definitely a coding issue as there are ways to smoothly handle frame drops when the data stream is not locked.

As a comparison, I have an M8S+ (S812 chip with 2G ram) with an attached usb tuner that is fast and stable running LibreELEC. It can keep a signal locked at 50% and has no issue dealing with signal drops. I'm hoping to test the LE setup on the ATV1950 - but want to make sure I have the correct uboot and other files necessary. Hopefully we can get our hands on an android firmware file as that will contain what we need for compiling a compatible LE release.

As an aside - what remote are you using with the ATV1950? The last box I received only had the smaller remote and without the larger one with the colored buttons - the DTV app is not able to be used for setting up recordings.

The signal issues you are experiencing right now is not Software, it is issue with the tuner itself. I had the exact same issues you did.

I am now on my 3rd PCB board now of ATV 1950A

I just received normal KR34 Remote.

I know we plan to come out with an RF remote for the 1950 though, with all of the required buttons for DTV Player.

You probably wont see LE support for this model with ATSC, since Geniatech does not share their ATSC source code and most of the API's.

That's too bad about LE as it really is a great interface for dtv once it is setup. It also takes a lot of the work off the Geniatech team as they don't have to focus on the frontend - just backend drivers and firmware.

I'll discuss the tuner challenges with my contact and see where this is headed - as the way it is now, I would not be able to distribute to our clients.

Thanks!