Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TonyI

'Weather' icon in MyGica Launcher 2.2.8 ??

Hi,

New to this forum, but not to forums in general, and I have a question about my box that I could not locate the answer to in either Google or the Search function of this forum.

I bought my ATV 1800 a month ago, but just started fooling around with the Android settings (KitKat 4.4.2), and yesterday turned the Location switch to 'On' and enabled Google Location to 'On' as well. After rebooting the box, I now have new icon in the home screen of MyGica Launcher. It is in the top right corner of the screen, to the left of the clock, and it looks like a raincloud. Every so often, the icon refreshes itself. At first, I though this was an icon to represent the local weather condidtions, but right now it is bright and sunny where I am, and the icon still is a raincloud, so it doesn't match at all.

If I turn off Location and reboot, the icon disappears, so I am guessing this icon and Location are linked somehow, but as I said a Google/local forum search has turned up nothing.

Any details on what this icon is and what it's functions are would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi,

New to this forum, but not to forums in general, and I have a question about my box that I could not locate the answer to in either Google or the Search function of this forum.

I bought my ATV 1800 a month ago, but just started fooling around with the Android settings (KitKat 4.4.2), and yesterday turned the Location switch to 'On' and enabled Google Location to 'On' as well. After rebooting the box, I now have new icon in the home screen of MyGica Launcher. It is in the top right corner of the screen, to the left of the clock, and it looks like a raincloud. Every so often, the icon refreshes itself. At first, I though this was an icon to represent the local weather condidtions, but right now it is bright and sunny where I am, and the icon still is a raincloud, so it doesn't match at all.

If I turn off Location and reboot, the icon disappears, so I am guessing this icon and Location are linked somehow, but as I said a Google/local forum search has turned up nothing.

Any details on what this icon is and what it's functions are would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tony

This was supposed to be for a Weather Widget we were going to install into our Launcher, however it did not work properly so therefore we removed it from showing up permanently.

So for now it does not work properly

6 hours ago, CliveB said:

This is very frustrating that it has not either been sorted out or removed from the firmware.

This was removed a long time ago.

You must be using old firmware.

o

Hi There, 

Three weeks ago I got an ATV945PRO. Shortly after I updated the firmware with "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" and still see the weather icon problem when enabling location services. Location services has to be enabled for many applications to work. Is there anyway to solve this annoyance?

Thanks.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:09 PM, graterje said:

Hi There, 

Three weeks ago I got an ATV945PRO. Shortly after I updated the firmware with "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" and still see the weather icon problem when enabling location services. Location services has to be enabled for many applications to work. Is there anyway to solve this annoyance?

Thanks.

I am not sure how this is on your ATV 495 PRO as we have never ever added it onto this model.

Are you using a different Android launcher?

Where are you located?

On 5/25/2017 at 2:36 PM, graterje said:

I am using the MyGica Launcher. I am located in Canada. I have attached a screenshot.

2017-05-25 14_33_54-Clipboard.jpg

I really have no idea how this is on your unit, as we have never added this to our 495 PRO.

May I know which firmware version you are using?

16 minutes ago, Justin said:

I really have no idea how this is on your unit, as we have never added this to our 495 PRO.

May I know which firmware version you are using?

That's funny :-)

I am running 5.1.1 (see attachment)

about.jpg

Just now, graterje said:

That's funny :-)

I am running 5.1.1 (see attachment)

about.jpg

You are using older firmware

Open up the app "Upgrade"
Turn off automatic and check for updates manually.
Take our latest update V1.3

Make sure to turn updates back to Automatic once everything is done.

13 minutes ago, graterje said:

Where do I get V1.3? Could you please share a link?

I just explained how to get it directly on your box

You want to manually install it?

I think manually is my only option. OTA upgrade is not working for me. I've been looking around and the only upgrade I've found is  "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" which I already applied. Am I missing something? How do I get V1.3?

21 minutes ago, graterje said:

I think manually is my only option. OTA upgrade is not working for me. I've been looking around and the only upgrade I've found is  "update_MyGica_ATV495_Pro_wv_5.1_20170324" which I already applied. Am I missing something? How do I get V1.3?

Never mind, I found I way to fix my OTA updates. Went to "Manage Applications" selected the Upgrade Software app, cleared its data, cache and forced stop. Then tried again and it worked.

13 hours ago, graterje said:

Never mind, I found I way to fix my OTA updates. Went to "Manage Applications" selected the Upgrade Software app, cleared its data, cache and forced stop. Then tried again and it worked.

Ok good to hear you got it to work

Please let us know if you have any other questions

I have the same issue just finally getting around to doing something about it. Any ideas as far as I know my software is the most current for the 1900pro

20170809_202152_v1.jpg

20170809_194902_v1.jpg

18 hours ago, FudgeTech said:

I have the same issue just finally getting around to doing something about it. Any ideas as far as I know my software is the most current for the 1900pro

20170809_202152_v1.jpg

20170809_194902_v1.jpg

This is a location setting within Android that just needs to be turned off

Hi Justin,

Two things that worked for me:

1-Disabling location services: Removed the icon from the launcher but prevented some apps that require geo-location/geo-fencing to run (not a final solution in my case...)

2-Backup all apps, wipe out the box and upgrade to the latest version: For some reason the glitch appeared when rooting and installing software in my box. After a clean install the glitch was gone. I reinstalled most of the apps but did not root the device again.

On 8/15/2017 at 4:43 PM, graterje said:

Hi Justin,

Two things that worked for me:

1-Disabling location services: Removed the icon from the launcher but prevented some apps that require geo-location/geo-fencing to run (not a final solution in my case...)

2-Backup all apps, wipe out the box and upgrade to the latest version: For some reason the glitch appeared when rooting and installing software in my box. After a clean install the glitch was gone. I reinstalled most of the apps but did not root the device again.

Sorry I just want to clarify what we should fix then.

Fix the location services within Android??

I have just bought a 1960 and I already have the weather icon problem and netflix wont work. Makes ne think mygica is an expensive Chinese product that doesnt work. Returning this POS.

I have the same problem. I just bought an ATV 1900 pro running version 5.1 and I have the same icon plus another glitch of a blue arrow on the right hand side of the screen. When I try local update I get nothing, when I try manual update I get "new version not found." What else can be done. I just bought the unit, I am not about to start messing with reinstalling etc.  I would rather return it and buy something that works like it is supposed to.