Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DVScuba

UnROOT ATV582

I require an unrooted ATV582 in order to run Minerva Networks "Your TV" app. Any chance of finding a firmware patch to unroot my 582?

Thanks.

DV

I require an unrooted ATV582 in order to run Minerva Networks "Your TV" app. Any chance of finding a firmware patch to unroot my 582?

Thanks.

DV

Minerva Networks is a middleware company

Their app requires the box to be unrooted?

Is their DRM Software or Hardware based?

Since it works on my other unrooted Android devices, I would suspect software based. You can readily download the app from the PlayStore. Depending on the content provider, however, content may be encrypted. In my case it is encrypted which is why UnROOT is required.

Thanks Justin.

Since it works on my other unrooted Android devices, I would suspect software based. You can readily download the app from the PlayStore. Depending on the content provider, however, content may be encrypted. In my case it is encrypted which is why UnROOT is required.

Thanks Justin.

This patch file should be what you are looking for

Use Root Checker APP from Playstore to check Root Status after installing this patch file

You have to extract the IMG file from the zip folder and place it onto a USB or SD Card and load it onto your box using the Upgrade APP

update_4.4_unrooted_patch_20150910.zip

Perfect. That was exactly what was required. Thank you!

If I have issues with other APPs, is there a quick patch file to go back to ROOT again?

Many thanks again, Justin.

If I have issues with other APPs, is there a quick patch file to go back to ROOT again?

Good to hear it worked.

I think reloading the Firmware would root it again

Good to hear it worked.

I think reloading the Firmware would root it again

Wouldn't reloading the firmware reset all the apps back to default also? That would be what I would try to avaoid. This small patch was ideal to unROOT. Was hoping there might be something similar to reROOT without using a potentially dangerous ROOTing tool/process.

Excellent! Thanks Justin. I'm loving the support for these devices. :-)

No problem

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks

Hi Support Team,

I'm situated in South Africa.  I just bought myself the ATV582 today.  I'm not some IT genius and do not understand all the talk, but I have been having a issue with a App.  The App name is DSTV now.  It is a like showmax or netflix, but I can stream live TV as well.  It opens perfectly, I can browse through all the menu's as soon as I click on something to Watch, it just keeps loading in Video screen and then goes back to main screen.

I have downloaded the above link and it is busy installing now.  I hope it works.

The 4th post in this thread has the information on how to install the patch.  There is one less step now, as the provided (and updated) patch is already in .img format so there is no need to unzip.

--> Copy the .img file onto a USB or SD Card and load it onto your box using the Upgrade APP

DV

Thank you so much!!!! Bought My Mygica ATV582 this past weekend, and was thinking i had made the wrong choice when i coudlnt get my dstv now app to play. Found this post and downloaded the patch and BAM! it WORKS.  Thank you so much Justin. 

4 hours ago, Paul loynes said:

Thank you so much!!!! Bought My Mygica ATV582 this past weekend, and was thinking i had made the wrong choice when i coudlnt get my dstv now app to play. Found this post and downloaded the patch and BAM! it WORKS.  Thank you so much Justin. 

Good to hear.