Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DVScuba

UnROOT ATV582

23 minutes ago, Shöne Smith said:

DO i have to download the upgrade app 

No it is pre installed on all boxes

If you go to the settings part of the Android Home Screen, you will see UPDATE as an Icon

Or if you select APPLICATIONS on the Home Screen, you will find "Upgrade" app near the bottom

10 minutes ago, Shöne Smith said:

Found it thanks, but cant get the .img file on my USB drive, myGica does not se it when i go into upgrade app

Press the 3 lined menu button 10+ times when your in Local Update

The file will appear.

I love his Forum and the support for the Mygica , Justin you are a legend. 

Patch loaded and everything is working fine now

Hi Justin, also just followed the steps as I have the same issue with my dstv now app. File downloaded and mygica started the reboot. Green Android man on screen with blue line running. However, it seems to have frozen now. Nothing moving and can not do anything. Not sure if I should reset / unplug? 

10 minutes ago, Bollie said:

Hi Justin, also just followed the steps as I have the same issue with my dstv now app. File downloaded and mygica started the reboot. Green Android man on screen with blue line running. However, it seems to have frozen now. Nothing moving and can not do anything. Not sure if I should reset / unplug? 

You can unplug and re-plug

It will finish the install

The unroot patch seems to work, however supersport dstv app still now working, it works on almost any other old device like even the very first samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet ancient. But on mygica atv582 no go. seems like it detects something else in mygica that prevents it from wanting to stream. it accepts my username and password but then just pops up "an unexpected error occurred"

On 8/9/2017 at 8:19 AM, Shöne Smith said:

The mygica 582 also runs Kitkat...can not up grade to newer 

Sorry I am a bit confused by your posts

Is there something we can help with here?

11 hours ago, Justin said:

Sorry I am a bit confused by your posts

Is there something we can help with here?

Hi Yes

My 582 is running Android version 4.4 kitkat, is there a way I can upgrade it to Marshmallow version 6.0 or 6.0.1 or Nougat version 7?

On 8/11/2017 at 2:47 AM, Shöne Smith said:

Hi Yes

My 582 is running Android version 4.4 kitkat, is there a way I can upgrade it to Marshmallow version 6.0 or 6.0.1 or Nougat version 7?

Only Android 5.1 Lollipop is available for the 582.  This is the last version of Android available for this device.

6.0/6.0.1/7 will never be available for the 582

On 8/23/2016 at 11:11 PM, Justin said:

This patch file should be what you are looking for

Use Root Checker APP from Playstore to check Root Status after installing this patch file

You have to extract the IMG file from the zip folder and place it onto a USB or SD Card and load it onto your box using the Upgrade APP

update_4.4_unrooted_patch_20150910.zip

How long does the install take to load? Been sitting on the Android loading screen for about 10 minutes without any activity.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:06 AM, Craig Bryce said:

How long does the install take to load? Been sitting on the Android loading screen for about 10 minutes without any activity.

About 5-8 mins

If its stuck, then it froze for you

You guys are awesome.

I did a factory reset, but then the dstv app didn't work. I followed the steps to download, copy to usb, go to upgrade, press line button 10 times, update. Now my live sport works perfect.

Many thanks from South Africa :)

On 3/24/2018 at 12:39 PM, HSchultz83 said:

You guys are awesome.

I did a factory reset, but then the dstv app didn't work. I followed the steps to download, copy to usb, go to upgrade, press line button 10 times, update. Now my live sport works perfect.

Many thanks from South Africa :)

Good to hear

ok, this is what is currently happening:

1. Disable all automatic updates in the upgrade section's tick box
2. Uninstall DSTV now
3. Restart
4. Run the patch
5. Restart
6. Install downloaded DSTS apk v1.42.6
7. Go to Google Play > My apps > Installed > select DSTV > Top right is 3 lines, click it > Unselect the Allow Auto Updates box
8. **Do not add a DSTV now shortcut to home screen**
9. Open DSTV now, Log-in , do your thing

This is the last one that appears to be successful... Not sure how long it will last, but hope it helps the next person reading this