Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattdon

1800 - bricked/black screen after update to 3/23 firmware

As subject indicates, my 1800 won't do anything... black screen. This happened after attempting to update to latest firmware. During the update, progress bar/android spinning icon froze about 3/4 thru.... left it for a few hours, no change. Unplugged power, and now stuck with the black screen.

I noticed it was suggested to others with this problem to download the factory restore files from the link provided. I've done that, tried unplugging power, insert SD card, hold reset button and power up... still nothing happening!

Any suggestions? This is rather urgent!

Thanks,

Matt

As subject indicates, my 1800 won't do anything... black screen. This happened after attempting to update to latest firmware. During the update, progress bar/android spinning icon froze about 3/4 thru.... left it for a few hours, no change. Unplugged power, and now stuck with the black screen.

I noticed it was suggested to others with this problem to download the factory restore files from the link provided. I've done that, tried unplugging power, insert SD card, hold reset button and power up... still nothing happening!

Any suggestions? This is rather urgent!

Thanks,

Matt

If you try what is below, and the lights on the front of your unit do not blink between red and green after about 5-10 seconds, then either you have setup the SD Card wrong or it just wont work at all.

If your unit is still under 1 year warranty we can attempt to fix it here if not we will replace it.

You can try this

Download the 1800 Files from the link below

You will need an SD Card to do this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto our website.

I keep them updated to the latest version available

http://mygica.tv/files

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

I am having this identical issue and have tried everything I have found here in regards to factory resets and firmware updates on SD cards. The device will only show a green light and nothing else now.... please help. I think I may need to warranty the device. I purchased it about a year ago from Best Buy in Canada . Please advise.

Black screen as well, tried moving to Android 5.1.  I only have a USB Jump Drive.  Is there a way to complete the transition without the SD Card and only a USB Jump Drive?