Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d00gster

Upgrading to android 5 failed

I've attempted to upgrade my 1800e to android 5 that is posted here and my upgrade process gets stuck at ~90%. I tried the unplug and restart trick but the upgrade screen gets frozen and the android icon freezes. Who can I fix this ?

I've attempted to upgrade my 1800e to android 5 that is posted here and my upgrade process gets stuck at ~90%. I tried the unplug and restart trick but the upgrade screen gets frozen and the android icon freezes. Who can I fix this ?

Was it Android 5.1 you tried or 5.0?

Can you please post a link to the file that you downloaded and are having issues installing.

i have same problem, android update failed and screen hangs 

i can not do any thing,

How i fix this?

i download 

ATV 1900AC/1800/582/380 Android 5.1

my previous version is android 4.4

Same here...installed the firmware update today and now it freezes up, remote stops working and then I have to unplug to reboot it. I too was running KitKat 4.4

What's up..how do we fix it...

On 1/29/2017 at 2:14 AM, KCCO-Town said:

Same here...installed the firmware update today and now it freezes up, remote stops working and then I have to unplug to reboot it. I too was running KitKat 4.4

What's up..how do we fix it...

Hello

i am updating and my box can not start , after searching forums and read them find solution to live my box 

so follow instruction on this page:

my box back to Factory settings OS 4.4 KitKat Firmware

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, Justin said:

This is the latest Android 5.1 Files for the 1800E/1900AC

This has been loaded by many users without issues.

Justin.... I have an 1800E and I downloaded and installed this new firmware image file (below)

now I seen your post and link "above" and I'm wondering if I downloaded and installed the wrong firmware? Or are these the same files?  Hopefully someone can clear this up for me... :)

17 hours ago, frosty911 said:

Justin.... I have an 1800E and I downloaded and installed this new firmware image file (below)

now I seen your post and link "above" and I'm wondering if I downloaded and installed the wrong firmware? Or are these the same files?  Hopefully someone can clear this up for me... :)

These are the same files

I am getting the downloads section categorized and fixed up over the next week.

To make it easier to find all of the correct files, and everything will be in the downloads section from now on.

I downloaded this file for my 1800e and it appeared to work until I tried to connect to wifi. No networks were visible. So I download what I thought was a fix for the problem. ( it said it fixes the wifi problem). It did indeed! Now I have Kit Kat 4.4 back instead of Lollipop. I was hoping to upgrade Kodi to Krypton 17.0, but I guess that will not be happening now.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:29 PM, Justin said:

This is the latest Android 5.1 Files for the 1800E/1900AC

This has been loaded by many users without issues.

It works for me, I have 1800E, I can not test but it seems that everything works

4 hours ago, Hawdeb said:

I downloaded this file for my 1800e and it appeared to work until I tried to connect to wifi. No networks were visible. So I download what I thought was a fix for the problem. ( it said it fixes the wifi problem). It did indeed! Now I have Kit Kat 4.4 back instead of Lollipop. I was hoping to upgrade Kodi to Krypton 17.0, but I guess that will not be happening now.

Try this, possible android 5 that work on 1800e with no problems

4 hours ago, meagain said:

The 1800E is just jittery on my box after 5.1 Lollipop update..

Yeah, mine was too...maybe it didn't upgrade properly. I am just about to try again. Not sure why some have no issues with the upgrade on their 1800 and others do.

We have tested the 5.1 update on a lot of 1800e units without issues.

Are you guys factory resetting the units after installing 5.1?
That might help

1 hour ago, Justin said:

We have tested the 5.1 update on a lot of 1800e units without issues.

Are you guys factory resetting the units after installing 5.1?
That might help

Originally no, but this time I did because it froze on me while trying to open an add-on. Once I did though it seems to work ok.  Only issue with install is the wifi analyzer...it takes forever for it to install, so I had to turn off the box, then back on for the install to keep going.... Is that normal?..

Another question pertaining audio setup..my setup is HDMI to TV then optical out to Sony Soundbar with Subwoofer I have it set up with 2.1 speakers and enabled pass through, Dolby, & DTS... Should I be enabling pass through or should it be HDMI?  I know that if I don't enable pass through  I notice the box freezes when trying to open a stream and I have to unplug unit to restart it. However once I enabled all these above..things seem to be working OK now.

FYI, KODI Krypton Beta doesn't work well with this unit so far. Tried it, but kept freezing up so had to go back to Jarvis.

24 minutes ago, KCCO-Town said:

Originally no, but this time I did because it froze on me while trying to open an add-on. Once I did though it seems to work ok.  Only issue with install is the wifi analyzer...it takes forever for it to install, so I had to turn off the box, then back on for the install to keep going.... Is that normal?..

Another question pertaining audio setup..my setup is HDMI to TV then optical out to Sony Soundbar with Subwoofer I have it set up with 2.1 speakers and enabled pass through, Dolby, & DTS... Should I be enabling pass through or should it be HDMI?  I know that if I don't enable pass through  I notice the box freezes when trying to open a stream and I have to unplug unit to restart it. However once I enabled all these above..things seem to be working OK now.

FYI, KODI Krypton Beta doesn't work well with this unit so far. Tried it, but kept freezing up so had to go back to Jarvis.

If you are using it for Passthrough, then I suggest enabling it.

If you read the feedback on KODI 17, you will see it has a lot of bad feedback thus far.  I would suggest sticking with Jarvis until 17.1 comes out.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

If you are using it for Passthrough, then I suggest enabling it.

If you read the feedback on KODI 17, you will see it has a lot of bad feedback thus far.  I would suggest sticking with Jarvis until 17.1 comes out.

Agreed...Merci Justin.

Trying to update to 5.1 my 1800e but it has been stuck for an hour now on the message "patching system image unconditionally..." with about an 8th of the progress bar full and not moving.

47 minutes ago, TheLost said:

Trying to update to 5.1 my 1800e but it has been stuck for an hour now on the message "patching system image unconditionally..." with about an 8th of the progress bar full and not moving.

Sometimes the reset doesn't take..try performing the reset again and see if that works. Also possible the upgrade got corrupt. Might want to perform a new DL of it. 

13 minutes ago, KCCO-Town said:

Sometimes the reset doesn't take..try performing the reset again and see if that works. Also possible the upgrade got corrupt. Might want to perform a new DL of it. 

I copied the files to a USB and that worked. Not sure why the sd card didn't though, same files on both. 

2 hours ago, TheLost said:

I copied the files to a USB and that worked. Not sure why the sd card didn't though, same files on both. 

Maybe something wrong with the SD card?? Anyway, at least you were able to do the install.