Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DVScuba

Latest OpenELEC

Hi guys. Is this still the latest OpenELEC that you've modified/released for the 582?

devel-20160128164651-r21691-g6105ca2

DV

Yes right now it is

Yes right now it is

Thanks Justin. Anything in the works, or is this about the end of the line for S802 support?

We are working out a deal with a new team to create and maintain newer versions of OPENELC and Librelec.

As for a time frame for this, I do not have one right now.

We will try and continue to support S802 as best we can.

However since AMlogic has stopped support on this Chipset, there is only so much that we can do.

We are working out a deal with a new team to create and maintain newer versions of OPENELC and Librelec.

However since AMlogic has stopped support on this Chipset, there is only so much that we can do.

OK, thanks for the update/info.

DV

OK, thanks for the update/info.

DV

No problem.

Just thought it might be useful for people here.  You CAN run LibreELEC 8.0 Krypton (or Jarvis) on the MyGica ATV582 and most likely other models using the image from here.  Install OpenELEC downloaded from this forum first, then download the TAR update file (LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-8.0.RC4.tar) from the LibreELEC forum and copy it via samba to the Update folder.

You will need the remote.conf file for the remote to work.  Copy the attached file via samba to the Configfiles folder and reboot (you may need to use a USB keyboard temporary).

Wireless and wired works fine, only issue I've found is unable to power on from the original remote (have to unplug and replug).

Hope this is helpful for others who want to use LibreELEC with your MyGicas!

remote.conf

19 hours ago, lparker said:

Just thought it might be useful for people here.  You CAN run LibreELEC 8.0 Krypton (or Jarvis) on the MyGica ATV582 and most likely other models using the image from here.  Install OpenELEC downloaded from this forum first, then download the TAR update file (LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-8.0.RC4.tar) from the LibreELEC forum and copy it via samba to the Update folder.

You will need the remote.conf file for the remote to work.  Copy the attached file via samba to the Configfiles folder and reboot (you may need to use a USB keyboard temporary).

Wireless and wired works fine, only issue I've found is unable to power on from the original remote (have to unplug and replug).

Hope this is helpful for others who want to use LibreELEC with your MyGicas!

remote.conf

Thanks for sharing this.

I am not to familiar with Librelec, is 8.0 the most recent version?

On 3/3/2017 at 1:53 PM, bindaredondat said:

Thank you IParker, none of these are compatible with our ATV582. sorry

I'm running it on multiple ATV582's now without issue.  Only way to install it is from OpenELEC provided from this forum using the tar update.  It will NOT install from recovery directly.  You need to use this image here, and copy it to \\openelec\update and reboot.

Okay, so which is it? The Mod who says it doesn't work? Or the guy who says yes it does and "I'm running it on various boxes now"?

Right now I'm tending to believe the guy who says "yeah it works."

10 hours ago, wjw said:

Okay, so which is it? The Mod who says it doesn't work? Or the guy who says yes it does and "I'm running it on various boxes now"?

Right now I'm tending to believe the guy who says "yeah it works."

I think we followed the directions wrong is all

Will try again.

2 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

Tried again, with no success. 

Install the OpenELEC package from the downloads section here.  Once installed, boot into OpenELEC, download the TAR file I linked to above and copy it to the \\OPENELEC\UPDATE folder.  Reboot.  It won't display anything on next reboot, but will appear to be stuck on the OpenELEC splash screen, but it is installing the update.  After about 2 mins or so it will reboot into LibreELEC 8.0.0RC4 running KRYPTON 17.0.  After that, grab the remote.conf I attached above and copy it to the \\LIBREELEC\CONFIGFILES folder and reboot.  Then the original MyGica remote that was included with the 582 will work (the one with USB dongle and keyboard on the back will work without this step).  I have 8x ATV582's running this now.  So much better then OpenELEC 6, or Android 4.4, gives these old units new life.  Going to try on ATV380 and ATV1800e once I get my hands on them.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:45 AM, bindaredondat said:

I work on OS every day, I know how it loads it, and ATV582/1800E same way to load the OS and it will not run. 

Not sure what's different about the process you are using but there must be a step that's getting missed somehow.  I now have 15 ATV582's loaded with no issues.  I thought since a picture is worth a thousand words, maybe a video would make it clearer and easier to follow.  I've created a youtube video of the whole process, let me know if there's anything unclear.

Since this forum seems to ban web links, I've attached a text file with the link to  my youtube video and the files needed.  There's also links to the files in the description.

links.txt

thank you for the update, I am trying it your way how to update I was going directly to patches, and it was not accepting the files.

Update info:  (( lparker )) you are the best after looking through the files you provided. 

1. I have to unzip the openElec. zip file then load it to microSD card

2. after it updated to kodi 15.2, then I had to go through file manager and add source to .update and .config

load the other files to it proper folders, 

3. reboot and you are on Kodi 17  

** Been working so much I did see the first link is video ** 

****((( JUST TO CONFIRM, IT IS WORKING )))****

Thank you

Just want to confirm that above does work on 1800e

There are some glitches I used the file 8.0.1a-MXIII-1g.tar

When power is on red Light is On  when power is off green light is on 

remote will turn off box but will not turn back on you need to unplug power and plug back in to get unit to power up 

When u push the enter button on remote some times it must see 2 or 3 pushes 

Only problem I had fallowing your video was how did you set up the  add source that was labeled Mygica that led yuo to sd card , couldnt figure that out so I just put files on my server and used samba to set up short cut to copy files from. ( would like to know how you set that up )

Only had limited time to try but was working  

But, but, but, you do this every day?

On 3/11/2017 at 10:45 AM, bindaredondat said:

I work on OS every day, I know how it loads it, and ATV582/1800E same way to load the OS and it will not run. 

22 hours ago, crazziecanuck said:

Just want to confirm that above does work on 1800e

There are some glitches I used the file 8.0.1a-MXIII-1g.tar

When power is on red Light is On  when power is off green light is on 

remote will turn off box but will not turn back on you need to unplug power and plug back in to get unit to power up 

When u push the enter button on remote some times it must see 2 or 3 pushes 

Only problem I had fallowing your video was how did you set up the  add source that was labeled Mygica that led yuo to sd card , couldnt figure that out so I just put files on my server and used samba to set up short cut to copy files from. ( would like to know how you set that up )

Only had limited time to try but was working  

Same on the ATV582 with regards to the LED light, but that's common with many builds of LibreELEC, each box has different commands for LED colours.  I can confirm that power on does not work from remote.  Also common with most s805/s802 builds of LibreELEC.  Remote IR is handled differently in s905 builds and tends to be more reliable.  

I haven't had issues with remote, although I haven't tested it on the 1800e, it may use a slightly different remote.conf.  I'll see if I can extract a copy of that file from android firmware for the 1800e and compare.

The MYGICA source was simply the label for my SD card I was using.  Either method works, but I found that copying the files directly in OpenELEC might be easier for some, rather then access the network share.

The M8 build may work better on the 1800e, since it has 2GB of memory.  The MXIII build was meant for 1GB of memory.  I'll try it the next time I get an 1800e in my hands.