Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DVScuba

Latest OpenELEC

On 3/2/2017 at 4:21 PM, lparker said:

Just thought it might be useful for people here.  You CAN run LibreELEC 8.0 Krypton (or Jarvis) on the MyGica ATV582 and most likely other models using the image from here.  Install OpenELEC downloaded from this forum first, then download the TAR update file (LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-8.0.RC4.tar) from the LibreELEC forum and copy it via samba to the Update folder.

You will need the remote.conf file for the remote to work.  Copy the attached file via samba to the Configfiles folder and reboot (you may need to use a USB keyboard temporary).

Wireless and wired works fine, only issue I've found is unable to power on from the original remote (have to unplug and replug).

Hope this is helpful for others who want to use LibreELEC with your MyGicas!

remote.conf

Works ... great. Thanks for the options ;)

12 minutes ago, janb0725 said:

Thank you IParker, your video helped a lot!  I also have a 520, do you think it would work on that as well?

This won't work on a 520E, as it uses a different chipset.

7 hours ago, janb0725 said:

Thank you IParker, your video helped a lot!  I also have a 520, do you think it would work on that as well?

As Justin has mentioned, it does use a different CPU, the Amlogic M8726, which does happen to be similar to the Matricom G-Box MX-2.  There is a possibility that some of the LibreELEC packages meant for the MX-2 MAY work, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one yet.  I think I do have an ATV520 kicking around, so I may attempt it when I get some time.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:08 PM, lparker said:

As Justin has mentioned, it does use a different CPU, the Amlogic M8726, which does happen to be similar to the Matricom G-Box MX-2.  There is a possibility that some of the LibreELEC packages meant for the MX-2 MAY work, but I haven't had the opportunity to try one yet.  I think I do have an ATV520 kicking around, so I may attempt it when I get some time.

You get a chance to try it out?

On 4/6/2017 at 9:08 PM, lparker said:

Did you happen to try it yet?