Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matburzy

OpenElec for ATV585 resolution problem

Hi there,

I have been using ATV585 with KitKat, but since I have some nasty problems with Kodi on it - numerous instance of audio dropouts every few seconds on some rare ocassions (not everytime, but pretty often), I've decided to switch to OpenElec.

It runs really well, it's like the box has been given a new life, there are no audio dropouts anymore and the UI of Kodi is really fast (60fps in UI from what I've seen), but there are problems that are bugging me:

- WiFi is not working, but it is not a problem for me, since I prefer ethernet anyway,

- Bluetooth is not working - it's pretty annoying, since I've used bluetooth keyboard before, but I used a workaround - a smartphone with Yatse installed,

- You can't change resolution to anything else than 720p. If you change it, it will display small screen in the upper-left of screen for a few moments, then the resolution is reverted back to 720p again.

And here is my question, since it's been quite a few months since the OpenElec build, can someone direct me to a newer version where some of these problems are fixed? The main problem is resolution for me, since I have 4K TV. I can select 3840x2160 from the dropdown list, but I can't switch to that resolution. Since ATV585 has HDMI 1.4, 4K resolution at 24Hz / 30Hz should be supported, I think. If not 4K, then 1080p at least? 720p is okay, but a little low.

Hi there,

I have been using ATV585 with KitKat, but since I have some nasty problems with Kodi on it - numerous instance of audio dropouts every few seconds on some rare ocassions (not everytime, but pretty often), I've decided to switch to OpenElec.

It runs really well, it's like the box has been given a new life, there are no audio dropouts anymore and the UI of Kodi is really fast (60fps in UI from what I've seen), but there are problems that are bugging me:

- WiFi is not working, but it is not a problem for me, since I prefer ethernet anyway,

- Bluetooth is not working - it's pretty annoying, since I've used bluetooth keyboard before, but I used a workaround - a smartphone with Yatse installed,

- You can't change resolution to anything else than 720p. If you change it, it will display small screen in the upper-left of screen for a few moments, then the resolution is reverted back to 720p again.

And here is my question, since it's been quite a few months since the OpenElec build, can someone direct me to a newer version where some of these problems are fixed? The main problem is resolution for me, since I have 4K TV. I can select 3840x2160 from the dropdown list, but I can't switch to that resolution. Since ATV585 has HDMI 1.4, 4K resolution at 24Hz / 30Hz should be supported, I think. If not 4K, then 1080p at least? 720p is okay, but a little low.

We are working out a deal with a new team to create and maintain newer versions of OPENELC and Librelec, which will have Wifi and Bluetooth working. As for a time frame for this, I do not have one right now.

Please note the 585 only supports maximum 1080P, it will not support 4K as the chipset is not capable of this.

Ok, thank you for reply. That's what I thought, the chipset couldn't handle the 4K. Well HDMI 1.4/a just supports 4K in 30Hz anyway, so it's probably not worth it.

Looking forward to new OpenELEC, but this one runs really well too, no problems at all :-).

Well it would be nice to have at least 1080p, since it auto-reverts to 720p for the moment.

Cheers.