Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t-rex1983

Am I the only one with a slow\sluggish 520E using Netflix?

Hi everyone,

I've been generally happy with this TV Box.

Understandably, its at the end of its rope, but I was wondering if other users are having issues using the latest version of Netfilx. It does load, just takes over 3 minutes in between the clicks on the UI, until its just trying to load the movie or show I just clicked for fun and stop there

That slow symptom has been occuring 100% of the time for the past 3 weeks. But not wifi signal or speed issues at all.

What I did this morning was to reflash the TV box to the Feb 2015 - Android v4.2.2. The upgrade always goes very well each time I have done it in the past, thanks for the easy instructions and videos by the way.

Still the same wait time issue for Netflix and Youtube. Was also very slow to update everything from the Play Store, Youtube, Speedtest.net. Also checked for wifi signal issues or internet speed issues. All good. Always around 12-15 ms to my ISP server on Speedtest.net app and 19-22 mbps bandwith.

Haven't even dreamed of updating Kodi yet, i'm abandoning the ship tonight...

So far it seems I have a general internet connectivity issue with certain services. However, does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to the box to increase its processing speed?

Would there be an app that is taking all the juice (or there is no juice left on that A9 since we are on v4.2.2)?

Could I hope to still use this TV box for another year until its just too slow to run any apps (besides my connectivity issue to certain services currently).

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Hi everyone,

I've been generally happy with this TV Box.

Understandably, its at the end of its rope, but I was wondering if other users are having issues using the latest version of Netfilx. It does load, just takes over 3 minutes in between the clicks on the UI, until its just trying to load the movie or show I just clicked for fun and stop there

That slow symptom has been occuring 100% of the time for the past 3 weeks. But not wifi signal or speed issues at all.

What I did this morning was to reflash the TV box to the Feb 2015 - Android v4.2.2. The upgrade always goes very well each time I have done it in the past, thanks for the easy instructions and videos by the way.

Still the same wait time issue for Netflix and Youtube. Was also very slow to update everything from the Play Store, Youtube, Speedtest.net. Also checked for wifi signal issues or internet speed issues. All good. Always around 12-15 ms to my ISP server on Speedtest.net app and 19-22 mbps bandwith.

Haven't even dreamed of updating Kodi yet, i'm abandoning the ship tonight...

So far it seems I have a general internet connectivity issue with certain services. However, does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to the box to increase its processing speed?

Would there be an app that is taking all the juice (or there is no juice left on that A9 since we are on v4.2.2)?

Could I hope to still use this TV box for another year until its just too slow to run any apps (besides my connectivity issue to certain services currently).

Thanks in advance for the tips.

As more and more updates from Netflix and You Tube come out, their API Levels change also.

The API levels of Android 4.2 are quite old compared to what's out now.

So that might be the issue of it running slow on your device.

Ram might also be a factor

Try Advanced Task killer app also, to see how many apps are running in the background, and after that look into some rooting features to kill these apps from running to save memory/ram on the device.

Ok thanks for the tips! I do use quite a lot the Taks Killer.

The actual error Netflix gives me is:

Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix Service. Please try again later. (-9).

So I will check with tech support at Netflix and see where that goes.

Thanks

Finally used online chat. It is true Netflix offer great on-line support.

We did basic steps, like clear the cache and application data. Then rebooted the MBX.

After that, we manually (using the arrows on the remote) reset the application. The error I was seeing didn't occur, although it was very slow (ie 2-3 minutes in between each step).

Until we finally got through and signed-in.

It was a problem with the Netflix server and the Android box that was fixed on their end.

Now it streams and loads the Netflix menu without a hitch (about 5 seconds in between each clicks).

The box still has about 285 MB of free available ram (seen through Advanced Task Killer).

Now i'm off to update Kodi trough the Play store! WIsh me luck?!

Finally used online chat. It is true Netflix offer great on-line support.

We did basic steps, like clear the cache and application data. Then rebooted the MBX.

After that, we manually (using the arrows on the remote) reset the application. The error I was seeing didn't occur, although it was very slow (ie 2-3 minutes in between each step).

Until we finally got through and signed-in.

It was a problem with the Netflix server and the Android box that was fixed on their end.

Now it streams and loads the Netflix menu without a hitch (about 5 seconds in between each clicks).

The box still has about 285 MB of free available ram (seen through Advanced Task Killer).

Now i'm off to update Kodi trough the Play store! WIsh me luck?!

Ok good to hear you got it figured out

Let us know how updating KODI goes.