Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlemagne

7.1 TrueHD DTS / Atmos & x265

I recently purchased the ATV582. Overall I must say that I am pleased with its performance. However I do have two minor obstacles.

Firstly I am not able to get Kodi sending 7.1 CH audio to my Marantz receiver. 5.1 works fine both Dolby and DTS, but I am not able to send the full 7.1 signal. Anyone successful here?

Secondly, I have issues with some x265 videos. Some seem to work but others are not decoded properly. Any thoughts one that?

Thanks,

Carl

I recently purchased the ATV582. Overall I must say that I am pleased with its performance. However I do have two minor obstacles.

Firstly I am not able to get Kodi sending 7.1 CH audio to my Marantz receiver. 5.1 works fine both Dolby and DTS, but I am not able to send the full 7.1 signal. Anyone successful here?

Secondly, I have issues with some x265 videos. Some seem to work but others are not decoded properly. Any thoughts one that?

Thanks,

Carl

1. 7.1 Audio is not supported on the 582

2. H.265 is only software decoded on the 582, this is due to the chipset not being able to hardware decode it.

It may be that the 582 does not support 7.1 Audio in native mode, however if connected via HDMI to a 7.1 capable receiver, it works perfectly via Pass-thru.

1. on the MyGica Settings --> More Settings --> Sound/Audio ---> Audio Output --> Select HDMI pass-thru or HDMI enabled.

2. Within KODI --> System --> Settings ---> Audio Output --> (a) Audio Output should not be select able and point to the MyGica device (b) Number of channels MUST be set to 2 to get proper pass-thru, ignore all other settings till © Enable Passthrough (d) enable Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver and (d) DTS capable receiver.

I have a Sony 7.1 AV Receiver and it works perfectly with any 7.1 output.