Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOTech

Cannot Get Wi-Fi To Turn On & Stay On 1800E w/5.1.x

WiFi initially worked.

Then, setup an Ethernet connection. Now, disconnected the Ethernet but cannot get the WiFi to turn on and stay on.

The little slider goes to on but when you exit that menu and go back, Wi-Fi is off. Won't stay. In the main/top level menu, you click On, it flips right back Off.

Oddly, had similar trouble getting the Ethernet to work. It would get overridden by the WiFi and I couldn't, at the time get the Wi-Fi to stay off.

Again, what am I missing?

WiFi initially worked.

Then, setup an Ethernet connection. Now, disconnected the Ethernet but cannot get the WiFi to turn on and stay on.

The little slider goes to on but when you exit that menu and go back, Wi-Fi is off. Won't stay. In the main/top level menu, you click On, it flips right back Off.

Oddly, had similar trouble getting the Ethernet to work. It would get overridden by the WiFi and I couldn't, at the time get the Wi-Fi to stay off.

Again, what am I missing?

Are both Ethernet and Wifi turned ON at the same time?

I've tried both; I've tried all kinds of things. I lucked out once a few weeks to get the WiFi working when I didn't want it working. Now that I want to setup that, It won't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

This certainly cannot be normal behavior. There seems to be some issue with this box. It does not get much simpler than two places to set some on/off options.

I've tried both; I've tried all kinds of things. I lucked out once a few weeks to get the WiFi working when I didn't want it working. Now that I want to setup that, It won't work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

This certainly cannot be normal behavior. There seems to be some issue with this box. It does not get much simpler than two places to set some on/off options.

Can you post the Serial # of your box

It can be found on the bottom of the unit

It is the #s after SN:

The solution is, create a ticket and get an RMA. That's what I've done'

Just hit up the guys at the service center. They're on it with this stuff!

They took care of my device asap and I should be good to go.

Cheers.