Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luciano

very frustrated customer and a Bicked Device

Hello, 8 months ago (more or less) I decided to take the opportunity and buy my first android tv box since I was traveling in another country.

My wish was another device and brand, but in the absence of that I was convinced by the seller that this one MyGica ATV 1900AC was as good as that other. After returning home and put it into operation what shame, a system full of issues, remote control, volume, network, a lot of bugs... The first thing I did was come here, registered and found a nice collection of frustrating experiences of other unhappy buyers. I thought prudent not try an update due to several reports of problems with updates, maybe I could live with the original factory bugs, but time went by and the device were getting worse, network connection no longer last 3 minutes up, applications do not update anymore, so today I decided to try the latest update announced: beta 5.1, apparently a very simple and easy steps to perform, but the USB upgrade process froze in two attempts I tried and now I have a beautiful, expensive and useless brick with two antennas on my shelf. What a beautiful junk to have put my money away. :evil:

Any help?

thank you MyGica.

Hello, 8 months ago (more or less) I decided to take the opportunity and buy my first android tv box since I was traveling in another country.

My wish was another device and brand, but in the absence of that I was convinced by the seller that this one MyGica ATV 1900AC was as good as that other. After returning home and put it into operation what shame, a system full of issues, remote control, volume, network, a lot of bugs... The first thing I did was come here, registered and found a nice collection of frustrating experiences of other unhappy buyers. I thought prudent not try an update due to several reports of problems with updates, maybe I could live with the original factory bugs, but time went by and the device were getting worse, network connection no longer last 3 minutes up, applications do not update anymore, so today I decided to try the latest update announced: beta 5.1, apparently a very simple and easy steps to perform, but the USB upgrade process froze in two attempts I tried and now I have a beautiful, expensive and useless brick with two antennas on my shelf. What a beautiful junk to have put my money away. :evil:

Any help?

thank you MyGica.

You can try this

Download the 1900 Files from the link below

You will need an SD Card to do this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto our website.

I keep them updated to the latest version available

http://mygica.tv/files

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

If not then your device is still under 1 year warranty.

Thanks Justin, I managed to make it work again, factory settings with 5.0.2 fw version.

Device volume bug stills

voice search feature thru rc dont work, when pressed it opens the mic popup but does not recognize anything at all.

The connection (wired) is ok, device still connected three days without fails, not tested wifi yet.

Some trouble recognizing an external 2TB USB HDD, sometimes works, sometimes fail.

Justin, maybe should I try to update it again?

Thank you!

Worked for 13 days, Its dead again.

No firmware updates was done, the device was working with last factory reset.

I was whachting a Netflix cartoon with my daughter when suddenly the screen turns black and never comes back, no remote control response, no home screen, nothing.

I Turned it off, power cord unplugged, wait, power plug on, did not work.

no start up, no Lollypop screen, no MyGica logo screen, just a black screen, looks like no sending HDMI signal, tested with 2 different and new HDMI cables.

Only green led ans MyGica logo light on device.

reset button do not work.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Wouldn't come here for answers as this box is complete garbage and the thing is they know it. You will get nothing but excuses here.

Wouldn't come here for answers as this box is complete garbage and the thing is they know it. You will get nothing but excuses here.

OK then, rather than talking theoretics, give me a few examples of English speaking forums that offer these stellar support answers for those boxes you're talking about...

OK then, rathing talking theoretics, give me a few examples of English speaking forums that offer these stellar support answers for those boxes you're talking about...

You must work for these guys because the only time you say anything is to irritate people with no real answers.

...because the only time you say anything is to irritate people with no real answers.

You're a newbie here so I'll keep this short and sweet.

1. You remind me an awful lot of a former member, since banned, who did nothing but whine incessantly, was confrontational, and never had anything productive to say. Followed by multiple warnings he finally got punted.

2. I'm direct. I ask questions. I don't work for MyGica so I don't have to be as nice. Get over it.

3. I have enough history with various boxes from multiple manufacturers to have an opinion. Is MyGica perfect? No. Do they have mostly good products? Yes. Is the 582/360/380 a stable box, out for two years. Yes. Would I buy an 1800 or 1900? No.

It still never ceases to amaze me how many people make comments about a "crappy box" but don't return the box within 14 days for their money back or submit an RMA ticket and to get the box fixed. Luciano (OP) is a perfect example. He bought the box eight months ago, says it acted up immediately but still kept it until now. If that were me the box would have been returned.

Well maybe if someone here(no names) but they know who they are would stop saying if they can't fix the problem they have something else in mind for 1900 owners. What? What is it? How long does it take to come out and just say WE CAN'T FIX IT....For the 14 day remark nobody and I mean nobody that has ever started in this hobby (Kodi) would know if a box is working properly or not in 14 days unless you lived on it day and night and I don't I work for a living.....

That is the main purpose of all these boxes but you know all that so I'll leave it at that. Better things to do than bicker with the Pro

That is the main purpose of all these boxes...

Funny, I don't recall needing 2gig/16gig and voice recognition to run Kodi...

$80 something for a raspberry Pi 3 kit will take care of that. :P

On 10/25/2016 at 6:54 PM, wjw said:

OK then, rather than talking theoretics, give me a few examples of English speaking forums that offer these stellar support answers for those boxes you're talking about...

I have bought/sold over 20 different brands of TV boxes.  Are you sure you really want to ask that question?  I don't work for them but MiniX does a simply stellar job of support which is way above any other TV box maker or any other product manufacturer that, I have delt with selling, servicing and  repairing PC's over the last 25 years.  

http://www.minixforum.com

MyGica certainty seems to be trying but you appear to be suffering from recent lame duck products and really need a new winner in my opinion.  Everyone has been helpful to me.

4 hours ago, Marm said:

I have bought/sold over 20 different brands of TV boxes.  Are you sure you really want to ask that question?  I don't work for them but MiniX does a simply stellar job of support which is way above any other TV box maker or any other product manufacturer that, I have delt with selling, servicing and  repairing PC's over the last 25 years.  

http://www.minixforum.com

MyGica certainty seems to be trying but you appear to be suffering from recent lame duck products and really need a new winner in my opinion.  Everyone has been helpful to me.

Does Minix have Android 5.1 OS update for any of their S802/S812 Models?

I haven't seen any offered by them, and have read through there forum for this and they show no interest in offering this.

So not sure how this is considered good support, if they can't even offer OS updates to at least some of their models.
We currently have Android 5.1 for our ATV 1900AC and 1800E, and are trying to make it work for our 582/585/586 models.

I am not an expert and new to this brand, but I have bought 8 MiniX products (4 MiniX UI & 4 A2 Lite mice).  They are rock solid, stable after ironing out a few minor glitches and are some of the most stable devices I have tried.  Some people were anxiously asking for Android 6.x and I said why bother unless there is a specific feature there that you want?  I have Android 6.1 on a tablet and on the surface, I can notice no significant improvement and one of the the  changes is a major frustration in my opinion.  If it runs well, why update?  If the hardware is too old, it is time to move on so expecting anything more than a box that runs well is too much to ask. MiniX appears to be excellent in supply stable products and I love the frequent OTA firmware updates at least for now.

That said my next personal box will not be a MiniX unless they come out with a wonderful new model with all of the features I am looking for.  Even the latest Nvidia and WeTek models do not have what I want so I will wait, perhaps a year or so.  Nobody makes a box with all the f features I want but they will be coming.

51 minutes ago, Marm said:

I am not an expert and new to this brand, but I have bought 8 MiniX products (4 MiniX UI & 4 A2 Lite mice).  They are rock solid, stable after ironing out a few minor glitches and are some of the most stable devices I have tried.  Some people were anxiously asking for Android 6.x and I said why bother unless there is a specific feature there that you want?  I have Android 6.1 on a tablet and on the surface, I can notice no significant improvement and one of the the  changes is a major frustration in my opinion.  If it runs well, why update?  If the hardware is too old, it is time to move on so expecting anything more than a box that runs well is too much to ask. MiniX appears to be excellent in supply stable products and I love the frequent OTA firmware updates at least for now.

That said my next personal box will not be a MiniX unless they come out with a wonderful new model with all of the features I am looking for.  Even the latest Nvidia and WeTek models do not have what I want so I will wait, perhaps a year or so.  Nobody makes a box with all the f features I want but they will be coming.

I agree with what you say, why update if there is no need to.

But KODI is a very important app that users use with these boxes, and not being able to use their newest KODI 17 version has frustrated many who are using all different types of brands not just MyGica or Minix.  For this reason alone, is why we are going to try and bring 5.1 to some of our other devices, but we cannot promise anything right now.
Minix not offering an update to Android 5.1 surprises me though, considering they are a diamond sponsor of KODI.

I am curious though, the Nvidia Shield Pro is a very nice box with a lot of high end specs, what is missing from that box that you would want in a box??

VERY good point but for now Kodi 16 works well as long as you keep on top of it, but that definetly has an unknown best before date.

I also negliecteted to mention two things.  I did have a total failure of one of the MINIX A2 mice.   I also recently acquired a 2nd hand MINIX NEO X6 which although it only had 1GB or RAM gave decent perfomance.  It impressed me that it had hardware h.265 decoding.  It sold immediately.    Normally I consider all 1GB boxes obsolete trash.   That box works OK for now but its days are numbered as you point out.