Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIZV

New 1900 box hangs on load

Bought a new 1900ac yesterday. Have a problem from the beginning. It starts loading, Lollipop screes appears, but then it's only a black screen. Reboot with a toothpick does not help, behavior is the same. What can I do to alive it? Beside exchange. Thanks.

Some more details.

Store tech support guy demonstrated that device is normally started up being connected to store's TV with store's cable. I am glad that box is at least workable. However, it is not clear what is wrong with my home TVs configuration or HDMI cables. It does not show the home page on 2 of my 3 TVs at all. It is not actually black screen after Lollipop logo - it twinkle/flicker with chaotic short color lines. On 3rd TV (most recent) video signal periodically is shown for 1 sec, then flick again for 30 sec. Will appreciate to any advise/help.

Some more details.

Store tech support guy demonstrated that device is normally started up being connected to store's TV with store's cable. I am glad that box is at least workable. However, it is not clear what is wrong with my home TVs configuration or HDMI cables. It does not show the home page on 2 of my 3 TVs at all. It is not actually black screen after Lollipop logo - it twinkle/flicker with chaotic short color lines. On 3rd TV (most recent) video signal periodically is shown for 1 sec, then flick again for 30 sec. Will appreciate to any advise/help.

To me it sounds like the box is defective

I would take it back to where you got it and get it exchanged.

Thank you Justin,

To me it looks strange because box operates as expected (with any resolution) with some TV (aka Monitor), e.g. LG 22LB4510 in a store,

but shows nothing, being connected to any of my 3 normal TVs at home:

1). SONY BRAVIA KDL-46SL140 (old ages, but has LCD and HDMI 1080p)

2). SONY BRAVIA KDL-46V4100 (around 2007)

3). SAMSUNG Smart TV -UN65ES8000 (2013)

BTW, other streamers like Chromcast and ROKU stick work perfect with all these 3 TVs.

I agree it sounds certainly like defect, though seller in a Store is disputing this point based on the fact device is working with mentioned 22 " TV in the store.

The issue is resolved!

It was a real Box defect. I exchanged the device and new one is working with my TVs without any problem!